Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I would rather my kid to be bleeding!

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:37 AM
  • 16 Replies

I would much rather my child to have an ouchie that can be bandaged rather than have their feelings hurt.

My son goes to mothers day out twice a week for a couple of hours.  There are a couple of boys there that are older and not so nice.  He shruggs it off when they don't want him around but it hurts MY feelings for him.  Also, there is a little girl there that scratches and hits him often.  He says he thinks she looooves him. (he's 4)  I told him to say, "girl if you love me, just tell me.  Don't beat me up!"

I don't want him to be a push over!

by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maidjillian
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:04 PM

It's so hard to see our kids get hurt, whether it's physically or emotionally.  But, they need to experience a little bit of that so they can learn coping skills and diplomacy skills so they can be functioning adults. 

gracekyle2
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Quoting maidjillian:

It's so hard to see our kids get hurt, whether it's physically or emotionally.  But, they need to experience a little bit of that so they can learn coping skills and diplomacy skills so they can be functioning adults. 

Iknow, you are so right.  We all survived it.  Doesn't make it any easier though.

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this
He go where?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhymia
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Poor guy! Is there anyone who is friendly in the class? Maybe you can invite those kids for play dates to firm up a friendship. I know it's MDO, but where are the "teachers?" Shouldn't they be keeping the kids busy? We don't have a MDO program, so maybe my expectations are off though.

gracekyle2
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Quoting rhymia:

Poor guy! Is there anyone who is friendly in the class? Maybe you can invite those kids for play dates to firm up a friendship. I know it's MDO, but where are the "teachers?" Shouldn't they be keeping the kids busy? We don't have a MDO program, so maybe my expectations are off though.

His teacher is amazing.  He does have other friends there.  It is just two boys imparticular who are almost a year older than him because of late birthdays.  They are old enough for kindergarten

gracekyle2
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Quoting hopealways4019:

He go where?

It's a christian based "mothers day out " program .  He goes twice a week for 5hrs.  Gives mom's a chance to have a break!

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:44 PM
I need to find one in my city.

Quoting gracekyle2:

Quoting hopealways4019:

He go where?

It's a christian based "mothers day out " program .  He goes twice a week for 5hrs.  Gives mom's a chance to have a break!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aleta775
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:06 AM

My dd is a sensitive little girl and she is often pushed around and doesn't know what to do about it. It breaks my heart because I don't want to encourage her to push back or be violent, but I also want her to know how to take up for herself. She's still pretty little so I'm hoping that as she gets a little older I'll be able to talk to her about what she can do and say to stand up to bullies.

JaxMomma78
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:17 AM
my step son is 9 and last yr some kid called him "fat" just to be a name calling bully. SS is NOT overweight in any way but was still hurt. his mom consoled him and tried to baby him through the whole thing but DH and i helped him laugh it off. now its a joke, he knows the kid was being rude we call him "rude jude" and it has helped him. he even forgave rude jude and they laugh about it now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmaliaD
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:40 AM

if the children at "mothers day out"  were mean and excluded my child and scratched him... i would find another babysitter...   i wouldnt put him in that situation knowing the children are poorly raised or poorly supervised.   it seems like something that isnt a need - its a choice to use the service - so it could easily be avoided.   and when the enrollment bottoms out because the teachers (or whoever)  isnt expecting children to behave correctly and be kind - they might hire better teachers who care about the kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN