Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I would rather my kid to be bleeding!

Posted by   + Show Post

I would much rather my child to have an ouchie that can be bandaged rather than have their feelings hurt.

My son goes to mothers day out twice a week for a couple of hours.  There are a couple of boys there that are older and not so nice.  He shruggs it off when they don't want him around but it hurts MY feelings for him.  Also, there is a little girl there that scratches and hits him often.  He says he thinks she looooves him. (he's 4)  I told him to say, "girl if you love me, just tell me.  Don't beat me up!"

I don't want him to be a push over!

by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Replies (11-16):
nickigoingon8
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Quoting maidjillian:

It's so hard to see our kids get hurt, whether it's physically or emotionally.  But, they need to experience a little bit of that so they can learn coping skills and diplomacy skills so they can be functioning adults. 

I completely agree with this : )

momofpreemieboy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:33 AM

When my little guy goes to school for real will be too soon for me. I couldn't send him away yet to hard he is my last. Also he was only 28 weeks gestation when he came into the world, so I'm very protective of him.

Quoting hopealways4019:

I need to find one in my city.

Quoting gracekyle2:

Quoting hopealways4019:

He go where?

It's a christian based "mothers day out " program .  He goes twice a week for 5hrs.  Gives mom's a chance to have a break!

Karen_29
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:56 AM

I know it is so hard to see our kids feelings hurt. It makes u want to go tell the other kid off telling them how awesome ur child is. But of course there is nothing u can really do but sit back and see how ur child handles it. It still kills me to see my kids hurt and my oldest is 16 and then i also have an 12 and 11 year old as well.

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Your suppose to be protective of your baby, we are all, some just more, wonderful.

Quoting momofpreemieboy:

When my little guy goes to school for real will be too soon for me. I couldn't send him away yet to hard he is my last. Also he was only 28 weeks gestation when he came into the world, so I'm very protective of him.

Quoting hopealways4019:

Quoting gracekyle2:

Quoting hopealways4019:

He go where?

It's a christian based "mothers day out " program .  He goes twice a week for 5hrs.  Gives mom's a chance to have a break!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofpreemieboy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Ok was that a good reply? I was called over protective because I wouldn't let my son play on the porch for 20 minutes while I went inside for something else. My DH is the same LOL.

Quoting hopealways4019:

Your suppose to be protective of your baby, we are all, some just more, wonderful.

Quoting momofpreemieboy:

Quoting hopealways4019:

Quoting gracekyle2:

Quoting hopealways4019:

He go where?

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 7:07 PM
I was commending you for, caring about your child, most parents let their kids play 6 blocks from home. Then when kids go missing, they wondering why? Duh? Not properly supervised.

Quoting momofpreemieboy:

Ok was that a good reply? I was called over protective because I wouldn't let my son play on the porch for 20 minutes while I went inside for something else. My DH is the same LOL.

Quoting hopealways4019:

Quoting momofpreemieboy:

Quoting hopealways4019:

Quoting gracekyle2:

Quoting hopealways4019:

He go where?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN