Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

treat bags or no treat bags?

My son's 6th birthday party is this weekend at Chuck E Cheese and I was wondering if it's typical to give treat bags to the kids that come to the party? We've always done treat bags, but this is the first year that we've invited a lot of kids. At the parties my son has gone to, it's been kind of 50/50 with whether or not he gets a treat bag. So I was just wondering....do you hand out treat bags? 

by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Replies (11-20):
Pukalani79
by Kris on May. 1, 2012 at 3:37 PM

We usually do.  For my daughter's birthday this year, she wanted a fashion party. So I bought a bunch of hairclips and stuff like that for their bags.  They each got one and what was in their bag we used when we did their hair. It worked out well. 

If you're doing it at Chuck E Cheese, then tokens should be gift enough

hollydaze1974
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:55 PM
no, I have never done treat bags. I pay for food, decos, cake.....that's enough as far As far as I am concerned.
Here you are paying for pizza, a certain number of tokens, cake, drinks....you've done your part
livmier
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:37 AM

I stopped doing treat bags a few years ago.... because I got tired of recieving treat bags full of junk my kids dont like and end up in the trash most of the time when the kids are given treat bags I just throw them away when we get home my kids dont like candy anyway...... we did get the guests a free game of bowling ticket at my daughters party last year and the kids loved that and it cost the same as a treat bag.... alot of the parents were happy to....

Chymerra
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:55 AM

I always do treat bags and usually get the stuff at the Dollar Store or Target's $1 bin.  

nickigoingon8
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:56 AM

If I have the party at my house I do but if I have it somewhere else then no.

EmilyMarshall
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:58 AM
i always do

lisa601
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:03 AM
My boys love piñatas so we usually have one and everyone gets a candy bag. I don't like the ones with cheap toys. The dog always seems to get the bouncy ball and chew it up and the boys don't play with that stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jakesmom323
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this
If you did, I would just go to the dollar store and put candy and a toy in it. Keep it simple:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissa632
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:05 AM
I don't do treat bags, nor do I expect my son to receive them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mc3197433
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:12 AM
If it's an at home party,maybe a little party bag..if it's a fun place then to me that's enough with all the tokens etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN