Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom arrested for taking 5yr old tanning......

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:46 PM
  • 55 Replies

A New Jersey woman arrested for allegedly putting her 5-year-old daughter in a tanning booth says it was all a big misunderstanding.

Patricia Krentcil, 44, told NBC's local New York affiliate that she took her daughter with her to a local tanning salon, but that the child was not exposed to the booth's synthetic UV rays.

"I tan, she doesn't tan," Krentcil said. "I'm in the booth, she's in the room. That's all there is to it."

Krentcil, of Nutley, N.J., was arrested last week, and charged Tuesday with felony child endangerment. She was released on a $25,000 bond, and is due in court Wednesday.

"It's like taking your daughter to go food shopping," Krentcil said. "There's tons of moms that bring their children in."

Police, though, say Krentcil put her daughter in an upright tanning booth.

New Jersey state law prohibits children under the age of 14 from tanning booths. Children between the ages of 14 and 17 must be accompanied by an adult.

Police were alerted by school officials, who say Krentcil's daughter showed up for school with what appeared to be a sunburn, then told classmates she "went tanning with Mommy."

Rich Krentcil, the girl's father, told NBC the teacher misinterpreted his daughter.

"This whole big thing happened, and everyone got involved," he said. "It was 85 degrees outside, she got sunburned. That's it. That's all that happened."Patricia Krentcil, mom accused of letting 5-year-old use tanning bed (CBS2 New York)

by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WesternNYmom
by Alaina on May. 2, 2012 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I saw this story on GMA this morning. Honestly I think she should look at this as her wake up call. This women needs to stay out of the tanning beds. Yikes.

QUICASANOVA
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:02 PM

lol she looks a mess i just made a post about the same thing

rosemagic01
by Holli on May. 2, 2012 at 1:05 PM

She looks awful.

myfirstborn04
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Is that realy her? She looks like an over cooked hot dog. That's just awful. A 5 year old realy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Junip1977
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:14 PM

OMG this woman looks like a freak!!  Hope the poor girl is ok.

BeckyP.
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:17 PM
9 moms liked this
OMG! I cannot stop laughing!!! Is this picture a joke? She looks like she bathed in Nutella spread!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheri305
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Quoting QUICASANOVA:

lol she looks a mess i just made a post about the same thing

Sorry,didnt see it,but yes,she look a HOT MESS,LOL!

sheri305
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting BeckyP.:

OMG! I cannot stop laughing!!! Is this picture a joke? She looks like she bathed in Nutella spread!!!

Hahahahahahaha "Nutella Spread",Im crying,lmbo.....

sunny298
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:28 PM
2 moms liked this

She looks soooo bad!  What is wrong with her!  Does she not see how bad she looks?!? 

takeitall13
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:29 PM
2 moms liked this

I hope that woman didn't let her child tan-- it increases your risk of the worst kind of skin cancer by over 50%!  i will NEVER allow my daughter to tan- i'll pay for a spray tan and if its a natural sun tan is fine but she will never go in a booth until shes over the age of 18 and hopefully she'll understand the reprocusions of tanning by then... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)