Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Mom arrested for taking 5yr old tanning......

Posted by   + Show Post

A New Jersey woman arrested for allegedly putting her 5-year-old daughter in a tanning booth says it was all a big misunderstanding.

Patricia Krentcil, 44, told NBC's local New York affiliate that she took her daughter with her to a local tanning salon, but that the child was not exposed to the booth's synthetic UV rays.

"I tan, she doesn't tan," Krentcil said. "I'm in the booth, she's in the room. That's all there is to it."

Krentcil, of Nutley, N.J., was arrested last week, and charged Tuesday with felony child endangerment. She was released on a $25,000 bond, and is due in court Wednesday.

"It's like taking your daughter to go food shopping," Krentcil said. "There's tons of moms that bring their children in."

Police, though, say Krentcil put her daughter in an upright tanning booth.

New Jersey state law prohibits children under the age of 14 from tanning booths. Children between the ages of 14 and 17 must be accompanied by an adult.

Police were alerted by school officials, who say Krentcil's daughter showed up for school with what appeared to be a sunburn, then told classmates she "went tanning with Mommy."

Rich Krentcil, the girl's father, told NBC the teacher misinterpreted his daughter.

"This whole big thing happened, and everyone got involved," he said. "It was 85 degrees outside, she got sunburned. That's it. That's all that happened."Patricia Krentcil, mom accused of letting 5-year-old use tanning bed (CBS2 New York)

by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Replies (31-40):
jthompson1976
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:13 PM

mom her sell dont look like she really need a tan

blessedmom1978
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:24 PM

This picture is awful ! Shes nuts IMO

KylesMom409
by Linnette on May. 2, 2012 at 9:18 PM
Agreed and agreed! Yikes!

Quoting Junip1977:

OMG this woman looks like a freak!!  Hope the poor girl is ok.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vinalex0581
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:22 PM

When I use to go tanning, I would see moms bring their younger children in the tanning room with them, but they never actually laid in the tanning bed. Reason why I know this is because those same moms would talk about how they didn't let their children in the bed. They didn't feel comfortable leaving their younger children in the waiting room alone so they would just bring them in the tanning room with them but didn't allow them in the bed.

But if this girl is telling people that she went tanning with her mom, it's possible that she didn't misunderstand what was going on, well i'm sure she didn't misunderstand like the mom was explaining. 

EmilyMarshall
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:24 PM
She looks awful.

vinalex0581
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:25 PM

lol!! i wasn't going to say anything but when i first saw the picture i thought to myself OMG!!

and then i wanted to do this:

throwing up

Quoting KylesMom409:

Agreed and agreed! Yikes!

Quoting Junip1977:

OMG this woman looks like a freak!!  Hope the poor girl is ok.

moroccanmommy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Leather anyone...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dballa
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:39 PM
She looks like beef jerky.
I really have doubts that her daughter went in the tanning booth. Why didn't the school call the mom and ask instead of calling the police? How would you feel if your child said something that could have been misconstrued and the school called the cops instead of checking with you? I'd be pretty pissed. I could understand if this happened numerous times and the mom had been talked to but once?
kateco2
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Yeah... she looks like a hot mess, but I don't think she took the girl in the tanning bed.  I think it's a case of 5YO's telling "what they think they were doing"... which is usually FAR from what actually happened.

MayMommy07
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:30 PM
I think someone made a big to do because she looks freakish..not because the little girl was in the tanning booth. The tanning salon for sure has a customer for life-- holy cow!!! Wayyyyy to much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN