Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Car seat help please PIOG

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:24 PM
  • 3 Replies

I have been looking around forever and I always talk myself out of buying a new seat.  I finally got a My Ride 65.  I wanted something with max RFing and would last us longest.  DD is 2, 23 LBS and 32 inches tall.

We installed it and I had to move the passenger seat up I can't move it up anymore otherwise I will not be able to get in.  When I am not in the seat it does not touch but when I am in the seat they touch just barely.  I can't find anywhere in the manual that says if it is ok or not.  Do you by any chance know?  If not, do you know of a seat (other than the Scenera, which we have in our other car) that it is ok to touch?  TIA.

ETA  I looked all around the internet.  Some say it is fine that it lightly touches some say no.  I can't seem to find an answer.  I think I may return it :(  

by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
nangel5
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Anyone?

Knightquester
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Most police stations offer a free car seat inspection where they'll help you install a car seat and let you know if the one you have will work or if you'll need to purchase a different one.  I would go and talk to a professional that knows the laws.

storkradio193
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I agree, find out when local car seat inspections are happening and sign up for one.  I went before my first and it was helpful.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)