Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Announcing your absence

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:37 AM
  • 35 Replies

How many of you announce that you wont be on or posting on certain days or times?

Why do you think it's necessary to do it? 

by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on May. 3, 2012 at 12:38 AM
I only do in the mods group if I'm going to be gone for 3+ days. Not here though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I am a mod in some groups so if I need to be away I'll let them know. Other than that, who cares if I'm gone a while?

pebbles98
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:49 AM

That's what I'm saying. Why does anyone care if anyone is gone.... mod or not (unless you're the mod making the major decisions and your group tends to be unruly). 

Quoting countrymomma81:

I am a mod in some groups so if I need to be away I'll let them know. Other than that, who cares if I'm gone a while?

pebbles98
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:51 AM

This I understand  :)

I see some people annoucing their absence in the reg forum if they're just going to busy the next day. 

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

I only do in the mods group if I'm going to be gone for 3+ days. Not here though

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 2:35 AM

I dont and that is weird to me as well

sdgd21
by Diana on May. 3, 2012 at 5:13 AM

I agree, although I will say if you are a heavy poster and I don't see you for a while, I'll "stop by" your page to make sure you are well. But it take a month or more before I'll notice. lol #megeek! 

Quoting MixedCooke:

I dont and that is weird to me as well

~DIana.

Oh So Blessed! Loven Christ and Proud! 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 3, 2012 at 6:31 AM

I do in the mod groups. 

Chymerra
by Jolie on May. 3, 2012 at 6:40 AM

Whats highlighted

Quoting countrymomma81:

TableforSeven
by Judy on May. 3, 2012 at 6:46 AM

The only times I've ever said I won't be around for a day or something is when I've started a thread that either becomes 'hot' or 'chatty' and while things are still going strong I am going to be off-line for a while (like for Shabbat or a holiday -- times when I won't be on-line at all).  I've only done it once...maybe twice,,,and only so people don't think I'm abandoning things.

As far as regularly announcing that I'm going to be off-line for a few days (which happens quite often for holidays and every week on Shabbat)....nope, I don't bother.

And I sure as heck don't announce when my family is going on vacation!  Some women put their lives on the internet (full name, where they live, etc) then say "I'm so excited we're going on vacation for the next 2 weeks"....might as well say "hey world - empty house, ROB ME!"  I give very limited info about my life....but I still won't announce a vacation (until I'm back home and say  - "wow that was awesome").

WesternNYmom
by Alaina on May. 3, 2012 at 8:08 AM

I don't.  I just post about my trip or what I was doing when I come back on the site.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)