Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Non custodial parent question.....

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:26 AM
  • 20 Replies

Can the NCP change their phone number without telling the CP (when the NCP has current possession of the child)....and not tel you they changed their number?

Backstory: ive been texting him since April 27th which is the last I heard from him...and ive been texting every day since then with no response.

by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RavishingMama
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:11 AM
2 moms liked this
So basically you can't get hold of him and he has your child? I'd call the police or go by his house or job and find him. He has no right to change any contact info without telling you...especially when he has your kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jadegirl1819
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have called the police days ago.

melissa632
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Hunt him down & hunt him down quick. Also, call the police. My ex took off with my daughter 10 years ago. Every time we pinpoint where they are, he moves. There's nothing I can do because when I initially let her go for the visit, he took her out of state & filed for custody in that state, citing I had abandoned her with him. He gave them a bogus address for me, so I never received notification from the court. Since I wasn't in court, he gained custody. He did all this during his summer visitation. I was none the wiser because he still let me talk to get through this time & he even talked to me like everything was great. I guess it was, for him. I didn't know about any of this until she was to come home to me. He disappeared with her & had his Mom email me that I needed to contact the out of state courts if I wanted to see her again. I got to talk to her once last year & he sent me a pic. Then he moved again. There's obviously quite a but more to my story. My point is...find your ex & kid QUICK.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brlee1115
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Yes, I would've called the police April 27th! Then I would head to family court and have your court order revised. If they've had your child more than the allowed time, they've violated the court order and can be arrested.

Keep us posted on what happens!!

Jen

EmilyMarshall
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:28 AM
bump

momof5kiki
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:29 AM

If you have a legal custody agreement then no he can not.  If you do not have a legal written agreement then he can keep the child as long as he wants.  If not call the police!

Karen_29
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:26 AM

If its a court ordered visitation then he can not change any of this info..phone,address,etc without notifying u. I would go by his place and if I didnt get the results I was looking for I would call the police because him changing his number while he has your child and not telling you is not a good sign.

momof5kiki
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Bump for an update?

lindilouwho82
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:44 PM

What does your court order detail about phone and visiting priveleges? Make sure you know his rights v. your rights in regards to what the judge has ordered in your custody case. If he is allowed visitation and the child is with him during designated time slots he does not necessarily have to have contact with you. You can call the police and ask them to do a wellness check on the situation if past circumstances (domestic violence, drugs, etc) warrant one. Why not just show up at his work or home? I would have stopped texting days ago and needed physical proof everything was good.

Quinn525
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 2:47 PM

BM always does this and has attempted to kidnap in the past.  Find your kid quick.  Bring the current CO with you.  You can always contact the police for a wellness check as well if you know where he lives.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)