Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Non custodial parent question.....

Can the NCP change their phone number without telling the CP (when the NCP has current possession of the child)....and not tel you they changed their number?

Backstory: ive been texting him since April 27th which is the last I heard from him...and ive been texting every day since then with no response.

by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:26 AM
Replies (11-20):
KW1280
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:52 PM

The police should have been called on the 27th

1SpaZZedMom
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:29 PM

I'm with the other mama's.  If you still haven't heard anything, you need to find out what is going on now.  Don't wait another moment!

It should be in your state's guidelines about notifications for changing phone numbers. BM notified DH two days before picking up the kids about her # change. Could have been same day she changed it.  DH has had the same # for 5 yrs and running.  

Start the process of finding out what is going on.  Is your stich 50/50 with the NCP?

1SpaZZedMom
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Another thing I would do if NCP did this while having my children is I would file that visitations changed (to a lesser amount of time) and I'd also have it put in a CO that if NCP doesn't respond within 10 minutes of getting a txt or call, that it is okay for a welfare check to happen since it's been, 6 days now? since you've heard from him. Yeah, there'd be some SERIOUS modifications happening.

blondetourage21
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting 1SpaZZedMom:

I'm with the other mama's.  If you still haven't heard anything, you need to find out what is going on now.  Don't wait another moment!

It should be in your state's guidelines about notifications for changing phone numbers. BM notified DH two days before picking up the kids about her # change. Could have been same day she changed it.  DH has had the same # for 5 yrs and running.  

Start the process of finding out what is going on.  Is your stich 50/50 with the NCP?

Yea its 50/50.    and he finally ended up calling today thank goodness!

1SpaZZedMom
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Quoting blondetourage21:

Quoting 1SpaZZedMom:

Yea its 50/50.    and he finally ended up calling today thank goodness!

That is good.  Does he not understand that prohibiting contact or simply being inconsiderate can end up in contempt (if you were to be that type of person)? You were way more patient than most Custodial Moms/Parents would be. 

AmyG1976
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 5:37 PM

prob not I would look into the laws for that state prob need to ask a lawyer many will talk to you for free...

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"   MLK
~A wife of 14 years to B mommy of 16 years to J, 11 year old D, 9 year old M, and our miracle baby born at 26 weeks J 7 years.           http://www.freewebs.com/sacredjourneys/index.htm

tgeary
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:51 PM

If there are any court papers such as a parenting plan, it states in there that each parent is to keep the other parent up to date on their contact information and current address.

I agree if you are the CP and he has not returned the child, you cant get ahold of him, or located him, CALL THE POLICE. He could have taken off with the child.

soymujer
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:33 PM

I don't understand why you haven't called the authorities by now.  When my ex and I first got divorced he had the boys for his month and he threatened to kidnap them.  I was on the phone with the cops and on my way to where they were (he lived in another state than I) the minute he said that.

moroccanmommy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:37 PM
This

Quoting KW1280:

The police should have been called on the 27th

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof5kiki
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:41 PM

so he callled, how what?  Did you get your child back?  Why did he change his number? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN