Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

relationship in stress

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:38 AM
  • 3 Replies
We have been married 8 years and have 20 mth old twins and a 33 mth old. Since our kids were born it seems like we have no time for each other. our days are consumed by kids. By the end of the day we are exhausted. We try to make date nights often. We barely have time to talk to each other, let alone have intamacy. I am still suffering from ppd-and have anxiety issues but am on medication which helps but side effects stink. Any other moms out there have any advice on how to "survive" kids so close in age/twins and the stresses of parenting?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
nickigoingon8
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I have kids that are close in age..mine are 13,9,7,5,2,and 10 months. For the intamacy, if you are both home at the same time of the day..use the kids nap time for that. I have anxiety issues also and I know a lot of those meds mess with your drive. It will get easier as they get older, but for now you just have to find the time. If you are exhausted, but you really want to have a conversation without the kids around then you stay up an extra hour or so....that is what we do. I know it sucks in the morning but if you really want that time you will have to give up some sleep or squeeze it in while trying to take care of the kids.

Karen_29
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I have three sons who are 16,12 and 11. my youngest two are 14 months apart. After the birth of my youngest two I never thought we would get back the intimacy we had before but we did. It just takes time and a lot of patience on both parts. I didnt have ppd or any anxiety issues that I was aware of but I had no drive what so ever after the birth of my youngest so it took a little while. Even now there are times where I am exhausted from working,cleaning,helping with homework that I just pass out in bed without another thought. so my best advice would be talk to your hubby and come up with date nights, nap time sex or whatever to get you back where you need to be..Good Luck!

Moms2NTwins
by Veronica on May. 3, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I feel ya there. We have 6 kids total, when we got together he had 2 and I had 2 and we had twins together. If not for my bff he and I would be 6 years this month with NO night without kids but my bff took the twins for a weekend, my mom had ds10, ds15 lives with my grandparents and it wasnt the stepkids weekend to be here. Even though DH worked that Saturday and we didnt drop the twins off until Friday night it was nice to have a few hours alone. 

I have no advice though, while I say make time for each other if you're like me sitters are not readily available and it's nearly impossible to get time alone. Our only alone time is when the kids go to bed :o/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN