Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Appropriate discipline for 5 year old...and vent PIOG

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:10 AM
  • 3 Replies

My five year old has me at the end of my rope. She will not get dressed in the morning. She will do it for daycare, her dad, my mom, everyone else. She has tantrums that her clothes are too tight, too loose, itchy, or there is something not right about every fucking of them. It's to the point, I'm ready to call her dad and say, you want to be a fucking father, come pick her up. She's welcome to come home when she can get dressed. And before I get bashed, I've tried everything. I've talked to her dr., we do a chore chart, I've tried letting her pick out her clothes at the store, she picks and tries on her clothes the night before, wearing her clothes to bed the night before, I let her help with laundry, every possible thing you can think of I've tried. I can't keep having every damn morning a miserable scream fest because my 5 year old can't figure out what she wants to wear when her outfits are [picked out the night before. Magically there is a problem with them every goddamn morning. SHe screams like I"m hurting her, in reality I"m chasing her around the fucking room forcing something on her. She went to school today in some shit that wasn't weather appropriate (shorts and a tank top). I told her she was not allowed to change clothes (her teacher has let her in the past), and I told her if it was too cold for her to go outside she had to go to the younger kids room and stay in. Here's the thing, at this point I could give a fuck what she wears, I just want her to wear something, anything, that doesn't require a fight. IDC if she goes in her pajamas, but even thats a fight. I fucking hate my life. I hate that this is my life every fucking morning. It's always a fight and I"m done iwth it. I'm done iwth doing this shit on my own. I just need some fucking help and I have none, not a fucking soul will help me.

Anyways, I told her her discipline for tonight is she will come home and clean the room that she destroyed this morning. She will come down and have dinner, and go back up and sit on her bed until it's bed time. In the past I've taken TV priveleges, playing outside, everything. She doesn't care. Is this appropriate for her age? Help me please. I'm out of ideas and patience..

by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
rgba
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:17 AM
She is reacting to your stress. You need to take a deep breath.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wigglesmomma22
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:19 AM

No, I'm very calm with her.  I've been dealing with this for months.  I wait til she goes to school to have a meltdown.

Quoting rgba:

rgba
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:27 AM
It doesn't matter if you act calm, if you are this stressed she can tell.

Also, you may be her safe zone, that is, she acts out with you if she is stressed elsewhere. Talk to her in the evening, see if you can find out how things are going with her.

Quoting wigglesmomma22:

No, I'm very calm with her.  I've been dealing with this for months.  I wait til she goes to school to have a meltdown.

Quoting rgba:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)