Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

to clean...

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:02 AM
  • 9 Replies
Or not to clean. I am taking DD to my moms for 3 days and I'm debating on leaving the house as is, instead of cleaning like crazy before I go. Husband will be here for 3 days without us.

I figure being 24 Weeks pregnant with a toddler around he can help me out. I did deep cleaning yesterday, so he only needs to do dishes and floors. Easy. Takes me half hour. He also works from home so he should be fine.

Would you leave him done chores? (keep in mind he doesn't help with anything when I'm home. He takes out the trash. He even struggles watching DD while I clean. He's a bit of a lazy dude if I don't ask him too do anything)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ChancesMommy07
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:04 AM

He can wash the dishes and vaccum. You did the major cleaning and there is no reason he can't do that little amount of chores.

alwaystheresa
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:05 AM

If he works from home he should be helping all the time. My DH travels A LOT but he always helps around the house. Minus this past weekend when he was being a butthead.

robbinsroost
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:10 AM

My DH works from home and he is doing the dishes right now. I say let him clean.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on May. 3, 2012 at 11:13 AM
I agree!

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

He can wash the dishes and vaccum. You did the major cleaning and there is no reason he can't do that little amount of chores.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BonitaM
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I would clean just in case he doesn't.  Nothings worse than coming home to dishes.

RavishingMama
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Leave him a list and tell him you expect those things done before you get back. Seems like he is getting the house to himself for a few days, he can clean up after himself. Of course, it may not get done but it would be worth a try...he might surprise you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mari6443
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:11 PM
I agree! I'd say the same thing.:)

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
htreveth
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:11 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath that he will lol. I love my hubby but I know him and he is the same way. I would clean myself if I knew I could come back home to a clean place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsrobin
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:41 PM
He will clean. After years of marriage he knows if he says he will do it and doesn't I'm not a happy mama.
I broke down and cleaned up kids stuff, vacuumed, swept and did laundry. He only had to do dishes and spray the max defense bug stuff. The spiders are horrible right now and I can't do it prego or with the little one around.

I have faith he'll do it. :-) I talked to him today. He was sweet about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN