Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

trying to find my father....can anyone help

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:15 PM
  • 7 Replies

long story short....i havnt seen my father since i was 8...im 37 now..my mother doesnt give me any information on where he is , besides the fact that he might be in massachusettes.....i know his name..dont know how old he is or if he is even still alive....i dont have real good memories about him growing up...and i know my mother and him split up on bad terms but i feel like i need this closure...i dont have money to pay for stuff online....does anyone have any suggestions???

by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
collinsmom72
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:25 PM

do you have his parents names? there are things on line that are free that might get you close- PM me what you have I love a good search.  do you know a possible age range? 50 to 60 or 60 to 65? what type of work might he have done? is his name on your birth cert. check into geneology groups- they would have a good idea for ways to look. If he has passed away it's a matter of public records. Do you have any relative or friends names? were they married you possibly could get a birthdate from that?? again public records. :) good luck & keep searching.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on May. 3, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Did you try putting in his name on intelius.com? It shows the city/state where someone lives. If he doesn't have a common last name it should be easy to narrow it down and then you can do an online People Search on yahoo.
KylesMom409
by Linnette on May. 3, 2012 at 5:31 PM
Good ideas. :)

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Did you try putting in his name on intelius.com? It shows the city/state where someone lives. If he doesn't have a common last name it should be easy to narrow it down and then you can do an online People Search on yahoo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmyG1976
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 5:35 PM

google name and all info go to online groups of ppl in MA and give his name and any info,your mom should have an age or close... my cousin put her poss dad name and all info she had (her mom didnot know he was just a possible my gma thought of years later) she was was 38 at the time a few years ago and anyway I knew his kid.  I had not spoke to him in years but I remembered where the dad used to live we went there and he answered the door. she had a dna test done and well he is her dad. never know who can know something or lead you to him.

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"   MLK
~A wife of 14 years to B mommy of 16 years to J, 11 year old D, 9 year old M, and our miracle baby born at 26 weeks J 7 years.           http://www.freewebs.com/sacredjourneys/index.htm

rosemagic01
by Holli on May. 3, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Do you know the year he was born? Family members? I found my father last year. He found me in return a few months later because of all the searches I did. I didn't actually want to mean him because I was terrified of all the crap my mother told me. She turned psycho and admited to lying about him all my life. He and I have a very weird ackward relationship he contacted me on xmas day.

VioletPlacebo
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:17 PM

If you want to PM me your information (your name, age, location and his name and your mother's name, age and location), I can see what I can find online. I have a paid membership to a couple of sites.

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 3:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)