Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What stores do you think are appropriate to shop for women our age?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you shop at these "forbidden" stores?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 90

View Results

I just read a post in another group saying we shouldn't shop at Abercrombie, Hollister, American Eagle, or Aeropostale. I love those places. The only one I haven't gotten clothes for myself from is Aeropostale. My daughter gets hers there. I feel like as long as you look decent, it should be fine. It's just jeans & t-shirts. So where should I be shopping? {I do go other places too, but I'd love to hear your suggestions.}
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
smushy79
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont really care for the clothes at those stores. I love Express, Limited, Gap, Banana Republic, etc.

roseym
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:25 AM
I shop at aeropostle I am 30 And when I was in my 20's I didn't fit into those clothes because I was over weight I had weightloss surgery and now I fit so I wear them. But I only get the sweatsuits and tanktops and tee shirts. I don't buy the booty shorts LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moroccanmommy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I basicly shop a Macys, kohls, Gap, Bannana Rep, Loft, Limited and Express. Not sure if forbidden..but they carry the clothes I like. Most of the stores like forever 21, old navy, Rue, etc..have cheaply made clothes. Yuck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kamrynlily07
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Same here :)

Quoting sarahfire:

I don't shop those places for myself, I don't think they have anything in my size and it's not really me anyways.

I shop at JCPEnney, Target, Kohls, Old Navy.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:41 AM
It's ok to shop there, I would not buy a pair of sweat pants, with words across buttock.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't have that option. I shop at Old Navy online, Lane Bryant and Avenue. But when I do lose weight I'll wear whatever I like, no matter what store it comes from. I've never been able to shop at those stores. If I can fit in them and I like it, I'll buy them. 

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Quoting moroccanmommy:

I basicly shop a Macys, kohls, Gap, Bannana Rep, Loft, Limited and Express. Not sure if forbidden..but they carry the clothes I like. Most of the stores like forever 21, old navy, Rue, etc..have cheaply made clothes. Yuck

I never have a problem with my Old Navy clothes. I've been ordering online for years and still have most of my original clothes. 

hopemommy2
by Paula on May. 4, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Quoting hopealways4019:

It's ok to shop there, I would not buy a pair of sweat pants, with words across buttock.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Traci_Momof2
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't shop at any of those but it's not because of my age (at least not completely) but moreso because of my size.  I'm a bit full-figured (size 14) and even in my size, stuff at those places that cater to younger people tend to be more snug fitting and I'm just not comfortable with that.

I actually do most of my shopping at the consignment store, but if I'm buying brand new, I tend to go more for the department stores like Kohl's, JCPenney and the like.  I like a very basic, but more mature look.  I was in my 20's once, I don't need to look like I still am.

That being said, I don't think it's wrong for 30-something's to shop at those stores.  You need to wear what makes you comfortable and makes you feel good.  If those stores do it for you, have at it.

moroccanmommy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:11 AM
My experiance is the clothes fade quickly.

Quoting countrymomma81:

Quoting moroccanmommy:

I never have a problem with my Old Navy clothes. I've been ordering online for years and still have most of my original clothes. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN