Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do I see 10 yr olds with bigger love handles than mine?

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:53 AM
  • 5 Replies

I am often surprised at how fat kids are geetting these days, why do parents think its ok for thier child to be obese. Unless your child is suffering from some sort of illness or has a medical condition then there is no EXCUSE for your child to be fat.iF YOUR A PARENT OF AN OBESE CHILD THEN YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF! I kow these words are harsh but if your sitting there feeding your child unhealthy foods and allowing them to sit on thier butts all day in front of the TV then this post applies to you and I hope reading this gets you ANGRY and while your sitting there geetiing angry also think of the well being of your child and what thier future holds for them. It upsets me when I see a child with a stomach so big it hangs over thier pants and makes them look like they are about to give birth to twins, ITS ABSOLUTELY CRAZY HOW FAT KIDS ARE GETTING THESE DAYS!....PARENTS NEED TO WAKE THE HELL UP AND STOP BEING SO FLIPPING LAZY WHEN IT COMES TO THIER CHILDRENS HEALTH!

If you got soemthing offensive to say about this post cuz you are the parent of an obese child...I dnt have time for it and neither am I interested in hearing your excuses, come up with a solution to the problem. I am just here bringing it to your attention so dnt shoot the messenger!frustrated

by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mommy4000
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I think it's because the food options today are pretty confusing for most. There is sugar in everything, even things you think are healthy options usually have sugar in the top five ingredients. I also think it has to do with the days of kids leisurely running the neighborhood with friends just isn't the norm anymore.

momof3_dll
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Processed foods are to blame.  Most people cannot afford whole and organic foods.  Plus they are unaware and uneducated to all the crap that's in our food.   Some people are emotional eaters and if the entire family aren't emotionally healthy, well then you get the obesity problems.  Also not every child is obese due to eating poorly or lack of exercise.  Genetics and sometimes medical problems are at issue.   So I think it's really unfair to catergorize all of it against parents.  While I do agree the majority is due to what you're saying.  I also agree with Mommy4000 that kids can't just run around in the neighborhoods anymore, just not safe these days.

Acid
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

It's because people are lazy and let the TV babysit their kids...they allow their children to sit around and do nothing while eating Mcdonald's, Twinkies, HO HO's and all kinds of  other shit..that is why 10 year old's have love handles.

mommy0708toJC
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I could not help but laugh just a little at this post. How is it any of your concern what a parent does or feeds their child? Your not the doctor so simple mind your business. I guess many would say thanks for your opinion but its not needed. celebrity

Knightquester
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I don't get angry when I see really overweight children, but I feel bad for them.  They're so young and to have to fight something like weight at such a young age or to have to endure it cannot be easy for them.

A few weeks ago I was dropping my children off at a testing center, the test were being given in assigned classrooms up a few long flights of stairs.  A father and his second grade daughter that was larger in size then my husband and I put together came in late so I helped them by showing them to the second grade classroom.  His poor daughter had to take several breaks on the stairs and when she sat at the table with her peers she took up her chair and part of the two chairs on both sides of her.  I felt so bad for that little girl, I can't imagine how hard her breaks had to have been to walk up and down those stairs in a timely manner and to see her peers running and playing without having to catch their breath.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)