Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Any other moms wish their husband

Posted by   + Show Post

Wishing my husband would get up off his butt and help without asking me if I wanted help. Also wish he would make dinner sometimes without asking what I want for dinner. I don't ask him everynight what he wants I just make dinner. Sorry had to vent and see if anyone else has these same issues. I love him dearly(most of the time :)

groombride

Little update for all of you. Had a talk with my husband today just couldn't do it more and it isnt just about dinner. He stepped it up quite abit. I also ended up with a migraine today darn weather changes. He let me nap for 3 hours. He knows that he is going to have to work with me and try harder.  I love him dearly just get very frustrated some days. I know he works all day and I am home per say I am always running around for him and the kids plus spending hours on couponing so that our family can afford what we need. 

Was nice to see I am not the only one in this situation. Both my sisters husbands cook but yet they cant fix anything around the house so I am in a good position and need to chill some also.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:48 PM
Replies (11-20):
findingserenity
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:21 PM
My husband is the same but worst cause he does nag nag nag but doesnt do anything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sparklebug86
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:32 PM

I personally dont mind the cooking, cleaning, laundry, washing dishes, changing diapers etc etc etc but, why do they make a big deal out of changing the toilet paper roll ONCE?! My husband has literally changed it a handful of times over the 4 years of our marriage and according to him, he does it ALL THE TIME! eye rolling

mamaslilpunkin
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:03 PM

I know we all wish we didn't "have to ask" for help.But with some guys(ahem,MOST guys),if you ask enough,eventually it will occur to them that you need help.I have learned to ask for help over the years.My hubby never asked if he could help me because "You seem like you know what your doing and have it all under control."So now,he KNOWS on days that I work(on his days off,I work most of the time),he should plan to make dinner (unless I say I'll do it).On days that I work,he WILL assume that he is to get dd from school. You gotta draw them a map,ladies.Or a dot-to-dot....and make sure the dots are reaaallly close together.If you tell them enough maybe,just maybe,it will sink in. And then that glorious day will come when poof!The dishes are "magically"done.Poof! A supper that you didn't cook and is not in a pizza box is on the table. Hang in and be persistent! :)

in love                           blowing bubbles               puppy

Nathan & Tracey 06.12.99             Grace 10.10.03            Jonas 08.28.10

blessedmom1978
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:07 PM

They just don't get it. My DH always uses the excuse that he works all day and I a SAHM. But he got layed off from his job last week and still doesn't help out. So what can you do

Babyrunner
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Quoting mamaslilpunkin:

I know we all wish we didn't "have to ask" for help.But with some guys(ahem,MOST guys),if you ask enough,eventually it will occur to them that you need help.I have learned to ask for help over the years.My hubby never asked if he could help me because "You seem like you know what your doing and have it all under control."So now,he KNOWS on days that I work(on his days off,I work most of the time),he should plan to make dinner (unless I say I'll do it).On days that I work,he WILL assume that he is to get dd from school. You gotta draw them a map,ladies.Or a dot-to-dot....and make sure the dots are reaaallly close together.If you tell them enough maybe,just maybe,it will sink in. And then that glorious day will come when poof!The dishes are "magically"done.Poof! A supper that you didn't cook and is not in a pizza box is on the table. Hang in and be persistent! :)

This made me smile. We have been married for 13 1/2 years and have had kids for 13 years you would think he would get it. He does seem to do better when he is alone with them but when I am home it falls on me. I think I am getting stressed out because I am starting school in the fall and I am afraid I won't get enough help. Maybe I will start making an map for her on paper :)

Acid
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Nope, I don't wish he'd do something without me asking.  Because he just does it. 

*sits back and waits for the 'all men are like this' responses*

Acid
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Only if everyone is related to the OP's husband.

Luckily some of us found a guy who isn't pig headed enough to think that they get to do nothing. 

It's the perk of hanging out at the top of man tree.

Quoting Eve-marie:

It's genetic, like something on the Y-chromosome. Try not to worry about it.

Only when the last tree has been cut down,
Only when the last river has been poisoned,
Only when the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.

— Cree Indian Prophecy

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:43 PM

No. My husband helps out a ton. Except for right now because he's busy working two jobs. He works all day at his regular job then he umpires softball from 6-9:30 every weeknight. He doesn't get home until 10:00 then he eats, takes a bath and goes to bed. 

But, before he goes to work he still manages to walk the dog, feed her and make sure she has water and put a load of clothes washing:)

saphireeyes
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Oh ya so right there with you, and with mothers day comming up don't ask me what I want to do just plan something and wisk me away....arrg :)
polishdiva
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Yes.  I used to ask my husband if he had anything in particular that he wanted me to make for dinner, and his response would be, "I don't care."  Okay so my response was, "If you don't care then you can make your ass a damn ham sandwich."  After a few times of him eating ham sandwiches for dinner, he got the point and now makes a lame attempt at suggesting something.  At least he's attempting to participate now.  Small battle won!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN