Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Any other moms wish their husband

Posted by   + Show Post

Wishing my husband would get up off his butt and help without asking me if I wanted help. Also wish he would make dinner sometimes without asking what I want for dinner. I don't ask him everynight what he wants I just make dinner. Sorry had to vent and see if anyone else has these same issues. I love him dearly(most of the time :)

groombride

Little update for all of you. Had a talk with my husband today just couldn't do it more and it isnt just about dinner. He stepped it up quite abit. I also ended up with a migraine today darn weather changes. He let me nap for 3 hours. He knows that he is going to have to work with me and try harder.  I love him dearly just get very frustrated some days. I know he works all day and I am home per say I am always running around for him and the kids plus spending hours on couponing so that our family can afford what we need. 

Was nice to see I am not the only one in this situation. Both my sisters husbands cook but yet they cant fix anything around the house so I am in a good position and need to chill some also.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:48 PM
Replies (21-30):
melissa888of3
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:02 PM
I agree, they ( not all, just the type she we are refering to) seem to have their priorities. And they are the most important at the time. Not what NEEDS to be done for the HOUSEHOLD, like laundry, cooking, cleaning, general maintanance of the children. They are like two yr olds. Thw world revolves arlound them, what they want to do at the time, what they feel is important. The world doesn't exsist outside of themselves. We are on our own sometimes ladies, unless it revolves them and their priorities. Hmmmm......
soymujer
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:16 PM

My hubby helps without me having to ask.  As far as dinner is concerned, we discuss the menu for the week and depending on what it is and who cooks it better is the cook that evening.

family in the van   Mom of four

Bgbluford785
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:34 PM
I feel so lucky in these areas bc my man knows what to do and offten will just do it!! Its the area of pampering me that he lags, if he complains his back hurts I rub it and get him ibreprofhen! If its reversed I get nada! I always have to ask and sometimes I feel like I shouldn't have too!!
e-doolittle
by Kelly on May. 4, 2012 at 11:51 PM
I agree!

Quoting ashleysmommy123:

I think this is one of the most common complaints...I have had these same issues. I have come to realize that men are like children and need to be told what to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyMarshall
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:02 AM
It's genetic

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 5, 2012 at 7:37 AM

Yes. I am thankful that my hubby does stuff around the house but like you it's usually when I ask him to do something. He's getting a little better though, he did laundry last night without being asked. I have to praise him when he gets up for work so he keeps doing it, lol.

nickigoingon8
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:07 AM

I have this issue too. I said something the other day about it and it basically got shrugged off. I'm not saying that he never does it, but more often would be nice and without me having to say something would be nice also because then he can't say that I am "nagging" him about stuff.......just get up and do it and I wouldn't have to say anything....love mine too, but can get on my nerves also : )

Babyrunner
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Quoting saphireeyes:

Oh ya so right there with you, and with mothers day comming up don't ask me what I want to do just plan something and wisk me away....arrg :)

This is so true my husband just asked me what I wanted for mothers day the other day I wish he would just do something even if it wasnt huge.

Chi2Indy
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Omg!!!! I swear Im about to slap the dog crap out of my husband. I'm 30 weeks pregnant & we have 3 year old son who is way more helpful than his dad. I started thinking what in the hell is my DH really good for all he does his cut the grass, take out the trash & stays tinkering in the garage & the home office & this point he only seems good for a paycheck & sperm. The house is a MESS I can barely move because of sciatica nerve pain due to pregnancy & I asked him to get our son dressed the other day while i rested a little an this jerk woke me every 5 minutes to ask me where DS undies/socks/pants etc were. I'm like don't you live here how about opening his dresser drawers & closet. 5 more minutes later I hear my DS say daddy just let me do it cause he was starting to irritate the hell out of him too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Synexx
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:08 AM

I can relate that I occasionally wish my SO would get up and help me with chores, but I understand that he works very hard to support us and if there's something I would like him to do, I am not shy to remind him... Again and again. LOL! I can understand the wish for him to just make dinner, because sometimes I am too tired to give a crap what he makes, when he does, but I am also really picky, so I guess I can't complain that he's indecisive. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN