Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

How many years have you been married? Did it take a lot of work to get where you are? Are you happily married? 

by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Replies (21-30):
offrdngal
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:15 PM

My first marriage lasted 7yrs, then when the verbal abuse turned to physical about...he had to go.

I've been married to my current hubby for 3 yrs (May 16th), but we've been together for 7 yrs.  We've been through a lot of shit and some days it did feel like a lot of work, but we've been okay.  We love each other very much and will fight for it.

mommybug77
by Crystal on May. 6, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Almost 10. It has taken a lot of work. I am mostly happy :-)
Hilary799
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Almost 11 and going through a rough time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ohmommamia
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:17 PM
18 years. Yea it's a lot of work but well worth it. So very happy with my husband.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosemagic01
by Holli on May. 6, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I've been married 8 and a half years. 

Eh to the rest. 

sllytnkrbl
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Technically I am still married - will be for at least another 4 to 6 months - June 24th will be 12 years - we will have been together 18 years total this Month - sad that he had to screw it up but we were very happily married for a majority of those years, he then changed and refused to try to work it out so it was doomed to fail at that point but I wouldn't trade all the happy times for anything despite what is happening with us now.

Pukalani79
by Kris on May. 6, 2012 at 11:02 PM

11 years.  It has been a rough ride.  We married 4 months after we met.  I was 22 and pregnant. We've been through times when we were able to do  trips and have savings and we've been through times when we had to turn in coins and bottles so we could eat.  We have had times of good health and we have had times where the doctor has said "I'm a big part of your life right now" and "We really should get you your own parking spot at the clinic!"  We have survived  moves across country, the loss of a job, the very poor health of a child, a miscarriage and an affair. Last year after some devastating news we were able to stand in front of about 40 people and renew our vows, which was incredible.  There's still rough times to come, I'm sure.  We still have to deal with life, but I can honestly say that right now we are happier and more solid than we have ever been.

Jadegirl1819
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:11 PM

ten years and very happy

SuperPickle
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I have been with DH for almost 17 years, married for over 11. Very happily. We got our drama and stuff out in high school so our marriage has always been very solid.

Pink.Frosting
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:13 PM

We've been married 17 years, will be 18 in August.  We've lots of rough patches but never let ourselves entertain the idea of leaving each other.  We are now better and stronger than ever and I can say that I truly love my husband and our marriage!  :0)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)