Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Looking for some good books to read what was the last book you read.

Posted by   + Show Post

by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Replies (41-50):
NHGal
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Currently I am rereading the jack Ryan series by Tom Clancy.
ScrChk23
by Amanda on May. 8, 2012 at 6:12 AM
You're welcome. If you like Stephen King you will like James Patterson too.

Quoting kyledavidsmom:

Thanks

Quoting ScrChk23:

Alex Cross series by James Patterson

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2cindylouwho
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:35 AM
We Need To Talk About Kevin
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3dragonflies
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:46 AM

The Stephanie Plum series is my all time favorite!!!!!!  They are funny and you don't want to put the book down :)  I have read 17 out of the 18 books in the series.  I have number 18 waiting while I finish a book that I started in between.   James Patterson is another one of my favs.... he has 2 series that i have read... the Woman's Murder club and the Alex cross series..... all very good :)

Chymerra
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:50 AM

Last book I read was 'Twas the Night by Sandra Hill, Kate Holmes and Trish Jensen

atherianos
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I love love love the In Death series. My first one I picked up at an airport because the cover liked Nice:-)

Quoting jillbailey26:

I'm currently reading the In Death (in order) series by J.D. Robb and loving it.

I also loved the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich.  All of her other books are good too.

The No Such Thing As series by Shelly Fredman.  It's also super cheap on Amazon for the Kindle or the Kindle app.

This Cozy Mystery site has TONS of author/book suggestions.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamamaxey4
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:33 AM

I've just started reading "The Help". I watched the movie, but everyone I talk to says that the book is MUCH better. So I'm giving it a try! :o) Your local library should have reading lists based on genre. This might give you a starting point. Enjoy!

Macksmom2006
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Depending on what you like I am reading book 2 of fifty shades. I know a lot of the "mommys" at school are reading it. I am not a big reader but this piqued my interest and it's good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:58 AM

I'm right in the middle of the series and so far it's great.  

Quoting atherianos:

I love love love the In Death series. My first one I picked up at an airport because the cover liked Nice:-)

Quoting jillbailey26:

I'm currently reading the In Death (in order) series by J.D. Robb and loving it.

I also loved the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich.  All of her other books are good too.

The No Such Thing As series by Shelly Fredman.  It's also super cheap on Amazon for the Kindle or the Kindle app.

This Cozy Mystery site has TONS of author/book suggestions.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

jillbailey26
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:00 AM

17 of the Stephanie Plum series was my favorite!  With the vordo and all, LOL.

Quoting 3dragonflies:

The Stephanie Plum series is my all time favorite!!!!!!  They are funny and you don't want to put the book down :)  I have read 17 out of the 18 books in the series.  I have number 18 waiting while I finish a book that I started in between.   James Patterson is another one of my favs.... he has 2 series that i have read... the Woman's Murder club and the Alex cross series..... all very good :)

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN