Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Going back to work and all I can do is cry

Posted by   + Show Post

I go back to work next week and all I can do is cry about it.  This is my first baby and she is so much more than I expected.  I honestly did not know I could love so much, and I am totally in love with my husband!  It hurts to think about all I am going to miss and how amazing these past 10 weeks have been.  I'm scared of not being there for her milestones, like first giggle.  Of course she has gotten super clingy to mommy right before she is scheduled back at work too, which makes the guilt and pain much worse.  I really do not want to go back and would do anything to not have to go back.  How did you working Moms make it through? There is nothing I can think of that would make it easier. 

by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Replies (21-25):
2teens2LOs
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:21 PM

I was home w/ 3 and this last one I had to return to work after 6 weeks and it was absolutely devasting to me, I was depressed for a while just because I wasn't caring for him like a mom should - " I know that statement isn't true to everyone" but it is whats in my heart- I was to be the one raising my baby and had to work so needless to say, it went against what my heart was saying BUT I had 4 kids total to feed and I did everything I could for him including pumping my milk during lunch break and pumping again after work before I picked him up, so he would have milk for the next day and then I nursed him in the evenings and nights until he was 2 years old :) You can still be an awesome mom, regardless of the circumstances and I come to learn that the time you DO get with them you will appreciate SO much more because you know it cant happen all day everyday... my weeknights and weekends are spent doing fast chores, quick errands(I try to do most during my lunch breaks) and then the evenings are the kids and all weekend long are spent doing nothing but watching my children grow and play.

You will adjust, but its hell on the heartstrings.  Just remember its like when they start school- it HAS to be done and you have to go though it and get past the "mommy guilt" of not being there- but as the old saying goes "this too shall pass"

Poosaloosa
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I don't know how I did it, honestly, I think I did cry. Every day,  a lot, but I was so exhausted at the same time, It was all kind of a blur.

LilysMom2012
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:29 PM
You absolutely nailed how I'm feeling. Thank you so much. I don't know how I'm going to get through it but it helps hearing from all the ladies who have gone through it. I'm trying to find a more family friendly job with better hours. It just kills me to look at her and know the one person who's has been there with her everyday from the beginning is not going to be there as often anymore.

Quoting 2teens2LOs:

I was home w/ 3 and this last one I had to return to work after 6 weeks and it was absolutely devasting to me, I was depressed for a while just because I wasn't caring for him like a mom should - " I know that statement isn't true to everyone" but it is whats in my heart- I was to be the one raising my baby and had to work so needless to say, it went against what my heart was saying BUT I had 4 kids total to feed and I did everything I could for him including pumping my milk during lunch break and pumping again after work before I picked him up, so he would have milk for the next day and then I nursed him in the evenings and nights until he was 2 years old :) You can still be an awesome mom, regardless of the circumstances and I come to learn that the time you DO get with them you will appreciate SO much more because you know it cant happen all day everyday... my weeknights and weekends are spent doing fast chores, quick errands(I try to do most during my lunch breaks) and then the evenings are the kids and all weekend long are spent doing nothing but watching my children grow and play.

You will adjust, but its hell on the heartstrings.  Just remember its like when they start school- it HAS to be done and you have to go though it and get past the "mommy guilt" of not being there- but as the old saying goes "this too shall pass"

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilysMom2012
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:33 PM
I have to put her in daycare. I chose a montessori school. Everyone there seemed genuine and the facilities were super nice and clean.

Quoting rgba:

Hugs, momma. I cried every day for the first month. But you just do it, because you have to. It does get easier, and will probably be harder on you than on her.

Who is taking care of her?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2teens2LOs
by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:29 PM

yes and you will go thru the motions and hate it... just getting thru it will be top priority without getting terribly depressed over it, just hang in there and stay busy and keep your thoughts off of it those first few days, call the center and check in on her throughout those days, heck I called MANY times for months ;) even drop by just to peek in if your close enough or for a nursing/feeding session, take the day off every couple/few weeks if that can be done just to be with her. hugs!

Quoting LilysMom2012:

You absolutely nailed how I'm feeling. Thank you so much. I don't know how I'm going to get through it but it helps hearing from all the ladies who have gone through it. I'm trying to find a more family friendly job with better hours. It just kills me to look at her and know the one person who's has been there with her everyday from the beginning is not going to be there as often anymore.

Quoting 2teens2LOs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN