Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

his pediatrician isnt going to like this *added pic*

Posted by   + Show Post

She said my son was too light for his height at 40" and 38 lbs. Well, now he is 44" and 38 lbs still! He has grown 4 inches this year but hasn't gained a single pound!
I refuse to feed him junk to "fatten him up" though what's wrong with that?

some pictures of him.  He will be 5 next month

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Replies (51-58):
LoriAnn87
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Your son's dr is a nut job because my son is 4 and he is 4 ft 1 inche and 40lbs. His dr said his weight and height are prefectly fine and he isn't the average height of a 4 year old. My son loves to eat but he is very actvity too and his dr said as long he is acivity he is fine. You should found a new dr because this one has no clue what she is talking about.

mynameismuerte
by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:28 PM

My 6.5 year old weighs 38 pounds.  He does have feeding/eating issues though.  It's a daily struggle with him.

My middle just had his 4yo check up yesterday and he weighs 41 lbs - 80th% for weight, lol.  

SO DIFFERENT!

OHgirlinCA
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 4:32 PM

He's fine... my 5 year old is 42" tall and weighs 39 pounds.  He eats all the time.  He has a heart condition so he may use more calories up because of that, and I think he has a naturally high metabolism.  He's a perfectly healthy little boy.  Doctors can be idiots sometimes.  Not every child is going to fit the mold.

jewelswith4
by on May. 9, 2012 at 5:34 PM

My daughter is five Ft and she is only 60lbs shell be 10 in June. Your son looks just fine.

KRIZZ25
motherhood is not a race..u can't outdo one another..u go go ur own speed.
Yesterday at 2:56 AM
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Quoting workoutmom2b1g:

I hate how Docs put us all in catagories. Unless there is something medically wrong, I'm sure he is fine!! So silly!! 

....some kids r just smaller...my son is real tall ..he is 7and wears size 6t..he is 5inc taller thsn is twin sf is..he is up to my boobiees..and I,m 5,9.
VarelaClan
by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:07 PM

My 5 year old is 40" and only 32lbs. He turned 5 in March. The doctors are not worried about him (although they were years ago when they put him through tests for being small). He's just small like me. I wouldn't worry.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on May. 15, 2012 at 1:10 PM

That's the thing.  On both sides of the family the boys are sticks when they are young!  Hubby, all of his brothers, and my brother were all sticks just like this and they are all healthy weight now that they are older.

Quoting VarelaClan:

My 5 year old is 40" and only 32lbs. He turned 5 in March. The doctors are not worried about him (although they were years ago when they put him through tests for being small). He's just small like me. I wouldn't worry.

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
Jess0915
by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Lol, your pedi would have hated me! Haha! My son didn't gain a pound for an entire year! He was 25 lbs from age 4-5. Tiny! He's now a very healthy 5'10" 15 year old at 145lbs.
I'm sure he has more growing to do too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)