Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

his pediatrician isnt going to like this *added pic*

Posted by   + Show Post

She said my son was too light for his height at 40" and 38 lbs. Well, now he is 44" and 38 lbs still! He has grown 4 inches this year but hasn't gained a single pound!
I refuse to feed him junk to "fatten him up" though what's wrong with that?

some pictures of him.  He will be 5 next month

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Replies (11-20):
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on May. 8, 2012 at 11:05 AM
He will be 5 June 6

Quoting whitedaisies:

how old is your son?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on May. 8, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I so wish I could find a better pediatrician!  We have been through 8 of them since he was born!  This recent one is finally giving me the referrals I ask for (he's been having nighttime pain for 18 months as well as urinary issues the others all said was "normal" because of his age) and things are finally getting done that should have been taken care of years ago.  Like it was undecended testicles causing his issues.  He just had surgery to drop them and it seems to have taken care of all of these "normal" problems at this point.

Quoting Aslen:

I'd fire his ass and find someone that didn't get their MD from a freaking Crackerjack box!

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
HIJKLM
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:28 AM
He looks healthy to me but im no doctor.

If you do want to fatten him up though maybe try adding a snack or two to his diet. Switch to whole milk instead of low fat or 2%. Eat more bread, pasta, nuts, avocados, fruits and juices, etc. Cut back the proteins and replace with carbs.

I have problems keeping my weight up too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenniy
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:29 AM
My 7yro is 47in and 44lbs and I'm told to feed him more calories rich foods
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lindie29
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Don't worry. Doctors need to also factor in I a child is big or small boned. Junk food isn't going to fatten a kid up if they have high metabolism. Keep on feeding him good/healthy food. It's all genetics.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caddital
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I think he looks great. I have the same problems with my kids. My 4 year old weighs about 39lbs and is a little over 4ft tall.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on May. 8, 2012 at 11:36 AM

He eats a TON!  Like more than me at every meal.  His favorite thing to eat is fruit but he does eat a wide variety of food.

Quoting HIJKLM:

If you do want to fatten him up though maybe try adding a snack or two to his diet. Switch to whole milk instead of low fat or 2%. Eat more bread, pasta, nuts, avocados, fruits and juices, etc. Cut back the proteins and replace with carbs.

MrsRinehart2010
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:37 AM

kinda same boarmy daughter is 4 an 32 pounds and as for hight she registers about the size of a 5 or 6 year old.  my daughter is a very very picky eater so it makes it hard to fatten her up lol. but I think alot of why she is small is because she h as a stomache issue we cant figure out whats causeing it :O(

HIJKLM
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:39 AM
That's hard. I'm the same way. Most days I eat more than DF. Have you asked the doc how they suggest fattening him up... Oh what about like protein shakes, I know they have something like that for kids but idk what it's called.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

He eats a TON!  Like more than me at every meal.  His favorite thing to eat is fruit but he does eat a wide variety of food.

Quoting HIJKLM:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on May. 8, 2012 at 11:42 AM

He used to have a stomach issue.  At 1 year old he weighed 16 lbs!

We finally figured out by chance that he is allergic to grapes and blueberries.  They give him stomach aches, diarreah, rashes, and keep his body from absorbing food correctly.  At this age he could eat a 6" subway sandwhich on his own!

Once we figured that out (and none of it shows up on allergy tests) he gained 4 lbs in a month!

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

kinda same boarmy daughter is 4 an 32 pounds and as for hight she registers about the size of a 5 or 6 year old.  my daughter is a very very picky eater so it makes it hard to fatten her up lol. but I think alot of why she is small is because she h as a stomache issue we cant figure out whats causeing it :O(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)