Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In my 30s my closest friends are friends I have known since middle school who are great, but I am having a tough time lately being able to confide in them.  I know its nothing to do with them, its me.  Has anyone had this issue?

by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Replies (21-23):
kakki81
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:03 PM
Thanks so much same here. Feel free to contact me anytime.

Quoting MommyJDTJ:

I am currently going through the same kind of thing, I get it. If you ever want to talk pm me :)

Quoting kakki81:

Thanks Kate.  for me all change is difficult so I trying to learn myself and learn the best way to deal which Im having a hard time with.  Im trying to be a great person for my son, but its a battle to change your way of thinking.

Quoting MommyJDTJ:

I agree with what she said. For me I have never had true friends I could confide in, ever I am now 27 and aside from my family am quite lonely. I am really shy in person so it is quite difficult for me to make new friends.

My suggestion is make new friends if you can.

Quoting Mari6443:

I'm sorry you're going through this. I know it's tough. I can relate. I never had real, true friends I could confide in until I was in college. So I do understand. It sounds like you are out-growing these friends. Maybe it would be better for you to move on and make some new friends, people you can trust and confide in. I hope everything works out for you! HUGS!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 8, 2012 at 6:44 PM

I confide in my mom, my only girlfriend (who is also a coworker) or my husband. I don't have many places that I go to meet new friends.

kakki81
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:47 PM
My mom is also my best friend but something's I don't want to talk about with her so she isn't upset. I don't go anywhere either. My son is 2 1/2 and I've only left him after dark once for a few hours. There isn't any places in my area for kids to enjoy except parks. My husband gets so upset when I'm upset I can't always go to him. But I'll find the comfort somewhere. Thank you for your help.

Quoting mumsy2three:

I confide in my mom, my only girlfriend (who is alao a coworker) or my husband. I don't have many places that I go to meet new friends.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)