Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms
slept with a stuffed animal when you were little? If you did,do you still? :) What kind of stuffed animal is it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Replies (41-50):
MrsJHoward
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 11:24 AM
As long as they last I don't mind spending the dollars you know?

Quoting WesternNYmom:

Playschool is pretty awesome too. Kind of expensive though, but the toys are built to last.

Quoting MrsJHoward:

Fisher price is the bomb! Lol V-tech is pretty good to.

Quoting WesternNYmom:

I hear you. The toy stores want $9-$15 for some of these dolls and they last about 6 monthes before they start looking old and worn out.  That I why I love Fisher Price. You can drop those playsets down the stairs and they don't break.  I have a huge box of Fisher Price toys that my kids got went they were toddlers, I plan on saving them for my future grandkids.

Quoting MrsJHoward:

I know right!? She got rid of all of my cabbage patch dolls too! Plus things were made better back in the day, now they are all cheap and crappy...

Quoting WesternNYmom:

My mother decided since I was going into middle school, that I was too old for my "baby toys".  She also sold off most of my Barbie Dolls and accessories along with my entire My Little Pony, and Strawberry Shortcake dolls.  I wish I still had these. DD would have loved them.  These toys are making a comback and DD asks for these dolls for Christmas every year.

Quoting MrsJHoward:

Why do parents do that? I had an awesome Barbie house with all the accessories and a fabulous Barbie collection that was emaculent I come home from my dads house one summer and my mom had sold the whole thing to the Nieghbor! I was pissed! Didn't talk to her for days!

Quoting WesternNYmom:

I did. I had a teddy bear that my grandparents bought for me when I was a baby.  It was my favorite stuffed animal as child. I was so mad when my mother had a garage sale and sold it.   I now cuddle with my dh.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marz31
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Yup, I have vivid memories of it as a child, my Celeste from Babar (I call her Elle). my sisters were older and in school and I had to go to bed alone (we all three shared a room) and I was lonely. I still do sleep with things, mostly a couple of monkeys. DH and I have a monkey problem :) now most of them have been claimed by DD. Truth is, tho, they were mostly used as a breath-blocker for DH ;) hey, it's the truth, he didn't deny it!

storkradio193
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:45 AM

I didn't and neither of my kids use one so far.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

gutierrez1021
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:22 PM
I don't remember sleeping with a stuff animal when I was little.
Karen_29
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I had bernard the dog when I was little and no I dont anymore.

mommyofgirl1974
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I remember having dolls that i liked to carry around.Nope don't have them anymore.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 9, 2012 at 5:46 PM

I slept with a snoopy stuffed animal when I was young.

skyfire27
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I had a Tenderheart Care Bear my grandfather got me for Christmas one year before he passed away from Cancer. I slept with it everynght until I got married at 21. I still have it...I don't sleep with it anymore but it gets passed between me and my kids. If I am really anxious or stressed about something just holding it makes me feel better.

alwaystheresa
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I had a koala bear too! I was given it on the day I was born and slept with it till I was 17. It is now sitting on my dresser. Poor thing its head it pinned together with clothes pins and its eyes are missing but I love having it with me looking over me and my family. DD (23 mos) keeps trying to get me to give it to her. She puts her hands up and goes "bear"??

Quoting KylesMom409:

I slept with a stuffed koala bear when I was little. And now I sleep with a big stuffed Clifford the Big Red Dog. :)

Mommy of Zooey Ellen and Stepmom of Cohen and Gavin

mommaspride
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I used to sleep with a stuffed animal and sometimes if I feel lonely or upset I will grab one of the kids and sleep with it. Its a comfort thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)