Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First time in years to make friends

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:19 AM
  • 8 Replies

i have been married 21 years 3 boys and my family is my lifeIi have some how lost all my connections with life like having friends .so i hope to make some here and share my experiences with all.

by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
goobyers7721
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I have found that I have done the same thing. Then i sit there and wonder how at 30 am I suppose to look for "new friends." Glad it seems i am not the only one. How old are your boys? 

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on May. 9, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Hi! This is a great place to make friends! :)

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

sweetsurprise13
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:56 PM

HI and welcome to the group. 

GraceHudson
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:59 PM
welcome

Refurbished
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I agree.  The older we get, the less opportunities we have to make friends, and friendship is so important for women.  We need that connection.

BeckyP.
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:13 PM
I am in the same boat. I am 32 and have a home daycare so making new friends is a challenge. I only have one close friend now and she's almost an hour away. The rest have moved away over the years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwaystheresa
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:21 PM

This is me. Only a couple years younger. I met some girls last year that have kids the same age as DD (23 mos) but they are both very young (not that I have anything against that) one is 23 and the other is 21. The 21 yrd is really flaky and immediatly rubbed me the wrong way and the other and I got really close until about 6 mos ago when she found religion. I dont care about finding religion I just dont like it being shoved down my throat. I had DD later in life then all my friends had theirs between 18-23 so I thought when I finally settled down and had a family I would get closer to them and I was wrong. Sometimes I get really lonely. I love my DH, he is my BFF but sometimes I really could use that girl talk. :)

Quoting BeckyP.:

I am in the same boat. I am 32 and have a home daycare so making new friends is a challenge. I only have one close friend now and she's almost an hour away. The rest have moved away over the years.

Mommy of Zooey Ellen and Stepmom of Cohen and Gavin

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on May. 9, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Hello and welcome!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)