Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Dating.....?!

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:55 AM
  • 12 Replies

I am back in the dating world and I have not dated in almost 7 years. I am extremely nervous and do not know what to do and where to begin.

There is a guy that I am kinda interested in but I am not sure how to approach him to see if he is even interested in me. We do work together but not in the same exact department. I gave him my number about two weeks and he hasn't called, texted or anything since then. He didn't even give me his number

Do you think he is actually dating someone or just is not interested? I am sooo dumb to this and nervous. I have never been the one to approach a male that I like, I always let them come to me.

Advice ladies!!!!

by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BonitaM
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:41 AM
5 moms liked this

If he hasn't called I'd forget about him.  He either has someone else or isn't interested or just doesn't  date co-workers...but after two weeks with no signs of interest on his part I'd say he's a lost cause. 

I'm the kind of girl that let's the guy come to me too.  I let him know I'm intersted and it's up to them to pursue.  To get noticed you need to get out a lot.  Not necessarily bars but be out and about so the guys can see and approach you.  If you go out with a crowd try to seperate yourself every once in a while for a little bit........cause guys are chickens and are less likely to approach when you're surrounded by your friends. 

justahousewife
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I wouldn't date in the office. If something goes wrong than it'll be awkward. When I was single I wouldn't even date anyone from my town just because it's so tiny. LOL

If you're ready to date find a dating site and go on a few. Get your feet wet. 

jewelzs2
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Before my last relationship I dated someone that I worked with. It wasn't all that awkward only because we were in two seperate depts in two different areas of the bldg.

I would try a dating site but I am just so leary of those things and if I do use one, how much information should you share about yourself on there??  I don't want to disclose something too soon or omit something that could be a deal breaker for the other person.

AGHHHH! the agony!!!!

Quoting justahousewife:

I wouldn't date in the office. If something goes wrong than it'll be awkward. When I was single I wouldn't even date anyone from my town just because it's so tiny. LOL

justahousewife
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:03 PM

As far as dating sites go, don't look at it like the tool for finding Mr. Right just a way to get back out there and get a better grasp on what you're looking for, what you're not looking for and gain a little confidence. 

When you talk to someone just stick to the basics. If someone is pushy for details other than marital status, employment, children, etc before meeting it's probably a waste of time. 

Of course always meet in a public place, don't lose yourself in alcohol and all those other things you probably know already. :)

I met SO on a dating site but I ran into a million duds before him so it's a toss up. But I learned a lot about myself and who I wanted to be with in the mean time. 

Quoting jewelzs2:

Before my last relationship I dated someone that I worked with. It wasn't all that awkward only because we were in two seperate depts in two different areas of the bldg.

I would try a dating site but I am just so leary of those things and if I do use one, how much information should you share about yourself on there??  I don't want to disclose something too soon or omit something that could be a deal breaker for the other person.

AGHHHH! the agony!!!!

Quoting justahousewife:

jewelzs2
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Thank You...I am so nervous with all of this. I feel like a kid in high school all giddy and giggly...i am taking all of the advice in though...i need all the help i can get.

if you had to choose a site which site would it be? Match.com, Eharmony???

Quoting justahousewife:

As far as dating sites go, don't look at it like the tool for finding Mr. Right just a way to get back out there and get a better grasp on what you're looking for, what you're not looking for and gain a little confidence. 

When you talk to someone just stick to the basics. If someone is pushy for details other than marital status, employment, children, etc before meeting it's probably a waste of time. 

Of course always meet in a public place, don't lose yourself in alcohol and all those other things you probably know already. :)

I met SO on a dating site but I ran into a million duds before him so it's a toss up. But I learned a lot about myself and who I wanted to be with in the mean time. 

justahousewife
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't touch eharmony unless you're thinking of jumping in head first. You either get the ones who already have a wedding ring and date picked out or the ones who want you to think they do just to get what they want out of it.

I met SO on plentyoffish.com, it's free so there's no real investment but fair warning you will be emailed by a lot of creeps too since it cost nothing. Just remember to take it all in stride and don't set any high expectations. Have a sense of humor going it so you're not bitter before it's over. LOL

Quoting jewelzs2:

Thank You...I am so nervous with all of this. I feel like a kid in high school all giddy and giggly...i am taking all of the advice in though...i need all the help i can get.

if you had to choose a site which site would it be? Match.com, Eharmony???

Quoting justahousewife:

jewelzs2
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Thanks Lady!!!!

Hilary799
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Honestly, I'm not sure how to go about it. But plentyoffish.com I've heard good things about it. Now if you are a Christian, just offering up a suggestion, there is a site just for that. Mil actually had good luck there. She's a huge religion person, not bashing, but she tends to try and shove it down your throat. I think its Christainmingle.com or something. Other than that, I agree with the other posters. Good luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karen_29
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:41 PM

I think since u gave him your number he should know that your interested and now its his choice on whether he contacts you. If he doesnt call you then just move onto the next one. There will be someone for you!

jewelzs2
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:23 PM

i am going to check that site out and see what I see...LOL!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)