Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I need some tips that will help my hair grow.

Posted by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:01 AM
  • 20 Replies
I am trying to grow my hair out. Right now, it hits the top of my bra band on my back. I feel like it stopped growing. I'm taking biotin but I don't see any results. Any suggestions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Quinn525
by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:05 AM
2 moms liked this
Trim it and eat a healthy diet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrooklynsMom11
by Member on May. 13, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Pre-natals and ample lean protein at meals. This helped me regrow my hair after DD was born. I lost tons of hair for months with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3_dll
by on May. 13, 2012 at 5:20 PM
2 moms liked this
How long have you been taking biotin? It takes anywhere from 4mos to a year to see dramatic results. Also if you increase your zinc, zinc will help with the absorption of biotin.
Diet can make a difference too. Foods rich with omega 3s like salmon, dark green leafy veggies, and getting adequate protein will help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IraqiVetWife
by on May. 13, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Go natural. A high quality multi (http://www.tinyurl.com/isaacweekly click on "Altrum" at the bottom)
Eat healthty.

Its false that your hair can grow faster. While you wait use products that help your hair look fuller and longer.

Need more gelp. Message me. Im still in beauty school but have learned alot already! Half way there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 13, 2012 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Quinn525:

Trim it and eat a healthy diet

This and patience :)

Allebas
by Member on May. 13, 2012 at 7:08 PM

BUMP

Aislinn
by on May. 13, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Not every one's hair will grow to their ankles. Some peoples hair will only grow 18 inches. Some can grow longer hair. I was stuck, forever, at about two inches above my bra. It grew like crazy during my pregnancy. I have heard prenatal, crushed up and put in your shampoo is good for your hair. Worth a try...

gracekyle2
by on May. 13, 2012 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting IraqiVetWife:

Go natural. A high quality multi (http://www.tinyurl.com/isaacweekly click on "Altrum" at the bottom)
Eat healthty.

Its false that your hair can grow faster. While you wait use products that help your hair look fuller and longer.

Need more gelp. Message me. Im still in beauty school but have learned alot already! Half way there!

So true. No matter what you do your hair will only grow a certain amount each month.
itsm3
by on May. 13, 2012 at 7:43 PM

when i increased my protein intake (meats), my hair faster than it already does.  

visit me at my blog:  vodka and soda | www.lifeinprogress.ca

i'm charting my progress of the 30-day shred  |  journey to a healther me

IraqiVetWife
by on May. 13, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Its a waste. This is also false. Hair is made from internal proteins.

The hair growing process is from within.

Theres much more health science than i want to go into...

I would suggest though getting scalp massages and cleaning your head, not just hair so your pores are healthy for growth.

The schools do it real cheap!

Quoting Aislinn:

Not every one's hair will grow to their ankles. Some peoples hair will only grow 18 inches. Some can grow longer hair. I was stuck, forever, at about two inches above my bra. It grew like crazy during my pregnancy. I have heard prenatal, crushed up and put in your shampoo is good for your hair. Worth a try...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN