Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

anyone else's libido lost out there?

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:44 AM
  • 44 Replies
1 mom liked this
My son is 2 years old and I must say my husband has given me a challenging past year...I find that I have no libido whatsoever. My doc says it could be attributed to stress but really? Shouldn't my hormones be all hyped? I'm 31 yrs old...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I'm with you on this one.  DD is 20 months old and I work full-time, so there is always something to do and rushing around.  DH has commented on the lack of libido, but I'm just plain old tired most of the time.  I have been trying lately though....

BMof2SMof2
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:00 PM
My son is 1, my daughter is 11. My husband thinks because he works (at a very laid back job he loves btw) and because I'm a SAHM that he should immediately be able to sit on his ass as soon as he gets home. We have constantly fought about this since the baby has been born, hubby also has a short temper and little patience for kids in general and likes to tell me how to parent while at the same time telling me to quit telling him what to do, yet he can't figure out why my libido has gone straight out the window.

Quoting nestr001:

My son is 2 years old and I must say my husband has given me a challenging past year...I find that I have no libido whatsoever. My doc says it could be attributed to stress but really? Shouldn't my hormones be all hyped? I'm 31 yrs old...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pukalani79
by Kris on May. 14, 2012 at 12:13 PM

I'm just flat exhausted by the end of the day. 

Junip1977
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Libido?  What's that?  LOL ;-)

mama0905
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

i feel the same way  somethings gotta give .....

KylesMom409
by Linnette on May. 14, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Same here!

Quoting Pukalani79:

I'm just flat exhausted by the end of the day. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauren223
by on May. 14, 2012 at 1:31 PM
2 moms liked this
I am 30 and since my son was born 51/2 yrs ago my libido is GONE!!! I have no desires anymore.. you're not alone. I'm wondering if it will ever come back.
MommyJDTJ
by on May. 14, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Since the birth of my little guy 13mo old I have almost no libito. My doctor said, "oh it'll come back" still waiting....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2alyssa_h
by on May. 14, 2012 at 4:12 PM

So glad I am not alone here!!  I have an 8 1/2 month old, work full time and I just have absolutely no desires either....I couldn't even cheat on my DH because there is nothing there (not that I would if it were), I mean  there is nothing, even if I look at Channing Tatum and imagine him naked...still nothing....I am also turning 37 this year! I have been thinking about talking to a doctor over it, but I keep thinking it will come back!!

KW1280
by on May. 14, 2012 at 4:42 PM

I understand what you are going through.  Stress is a harmful thing that can decrease your libido.  What I did was compartmentalize the "stuff" going on in my life.  I created the mood and made time for us.  It is hard with a 2 y/o but it can be done.   Hugs and I am cheering your libido on!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)