Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Why in the world are you a SAHM? Come on now, really?

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Nia
  • 25 Replies
4 moms liked this

Because I LOVE being home with my kids and taking care of my home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get to go to school and have lunch with them anytime and if they're sick, I don't have to worry about being bitched at by some "boss" for leaving early.

I get to make sure my family has a hot meal waiting for them, I get to be here to help my kids with their homework, I get to take them to all their practices, go to all their games! I get to go on vacations anytime.

I get to do all my baking and sell my baked goods (which are overly delicious lol) and best of all, I get to go shopping anytime!

After being in the military, finishing school and working for this airline, it's nice to be able to just stay home and work the hardest most rewarding job,,,being a mommy!

So,,,,,why are you a SAHM,,,do you like it or would you rather be working?

by on May. 15, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allensavannahs
by on May. 15, 2012 at 2:12 PM

clapping

arctophile
by Christi on May. 15, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Because I don't want to miss anything.  I have 5 kids and the oldest is 7.  Think about all the firsts I would have missed going to work.  I do get overwhelmed sometimes (who doesn't) but I wouldn't trade my life as a SAHM for anything!

AriMommy
by on May. 15, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I had to go back to work when my daughter was 3 months old and it broke my heart.  Luckily right before she turned 1 year old, I was laid off and got to spend the next year and a half home with her until unemployment ran out.  I've been working for the last 2 years, but am in a place that once this baby is born(I'm 5 months pregnant) I will get to stay home again.  I'm so happy I don't have to miss the first year of this child's life and that I'll be home with my daughter as she's starting her first year of school.  I love my babies to pieces and didn't have kids for someone else to raise them.

SlightlyPerfect
I am so spoiled.
Yesterday at 10:46 AM
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 2:27 PM
2 moms liked this

I think it's like...

Once you work for yourself (self-employed), you can never really deal with being employed by another person again. It's that kind of feeling for me as a SAHM now.

slightlyperfect

STARRYVONN
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Because I love being home with my children and taking care of our homelife. I've been homeschooling our children since Oct. And I enjoy being a huge part of their lives and making sure things are smoothly planned for us.
MumsTheWord571
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 2:32 PM
I'm a SAHM because I was abused as a child in day cares. 5 different ones. Sexually, emotionally, and physically. I do not trust anyone else with my children. I stay with them to keep them safe. DH was in the same situation as a kid, so we agreed prior to marriage, when we had kids whoever made less stayed home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
STARRYVONN
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

I think it's like...

Once you work for yourself (self-employed), you can never really deal with being employed by another person again. It's that kind of feeling for me as a SAHM now.

YES.

Starryvonnblowing kisses

Hilary799
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 2:37 PM
I have to find a job. All my kids will be in school this year (dd starts kindergarten in August) and honestly I don't know if dh and I will be together much longer. He is insisting I get a job now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on May. 15, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I'm a SAHM so I can homeschool my kids and raise them the way I want them to be raised.  Besides, I don't think an employer would appreciate me taking off work multiple times a week for my son's doctors appointments.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on May. 15, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I'm so sorry :(  Praying for you

Quoting Hilary799:

I have to find a job. All my kids will be in school this year (dd starts kindergarten in August) and honestly I don't know if dh and I will be together much longer. He is insisting I get a job now.

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)