Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Why in the world are you a SAHM? Come on now, really?

Posted by   + Show Post

Because I LOVE being home with my kids and taking care of my home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get to go to school and have lunch with them anytime and if they're sick, I don't have to worry about being bitched at by some "boss" for leaving early.

I get to make sure my family has a hot meal waiting for them, I get to be here to help my kids with their homework, I get to take them to all their practices, go to all their games! I get to go on vacations anytime.

I get to do all my baking and sell my baked goods (which are overly delicious lol) and best of all, I get to go shopping anytime!

After being in the military, finishing school and working for this airline, it's nice to be able to just stay home and work the hardest most rewarding job,,,being a mommy!

So,,,,,why are you a SAHM,,,do you like it or would you rather be working?

by on May. 15, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Replies (11-20):
latestarter
by on May. 15, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I am a SAHM because I don't feel that anyone out there will care for them the way that I do.  I love watching them learning new things everyday.  I like being able to spend time with them...they grow up fast and one day I won't be "cool" enough for them to want to hang around me.  They are four and two right now so I'm taking advantage of the fact that they really want to be with me now.  When the two year old starts school I will return to school and begin getting ready for a stay at home career that will allow me to pick them up when they are sick at school, as well as, attend their social events.  For now though, I just want to be able to baby my babies.

KW1280
by on May. 15, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I have the best of both worlds.  I work from home

Hilary799
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Thank you, I'm afraid! My sister, mom and dad, not to mention dh, don't understand that I'm freaked to get a "grownup job"as they call it. Weird huh? I have an anxiety disorder and I'm bipolar, but I feel most comfortable being a hostess, cashier or something to that affect. Probably because I've never done anything else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
virgochild79
by Nia on May. 15, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Keep a positive attitude no matter what (I should take my own advice, smh) How about try to find a work at home job?? They really are out there,,,good ones. I know Hilton hires at home positions making reservations. Good luck and hope it all works out for the best for you and your family.

Quoting Hilary799:

Thank you, I'm afraid! My sister, mom and dad, not to mention dh, don't understand that I'm freaked to get a "grownup job"as they call it. Weird huh? I have an anxiety disorder and I'm bipolar, but I feel most comfortable being a hostess, cashier or something to that affect. Probably because I've never done anything else.

Bigmetalchicken
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Because I have horrible memories of being mistreated in daycare as a kid. 
Because my family appreciates the work I do everyday way more than any boss I ever had.
Because we don't see the point of paying someone 1/3 of what I would make at any job to care for our son. Because it is more important to my husband that i spend my time volunteering, and keeping our home running, than helping him pad our bank account.
I plan on going back to work when the kids are school age, but until then, my place is here with them. 

mbnich0269
by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this
For all the reasons you listed:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diapercakemom84
by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:34 PM

i am a SAHM and i love it. i am currently looking for work that i can do at home but no luck, just to bring in some extra money.  i am also going to be home schooling my kids this fall.

Hilary799
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Thanks! Actually I'm giving my launch party for Scentsy this Saturday! I'm hoping this will help some. I'm nervous and excited at the same time.

Quoting virgochild79:

Keep a positive attitude no matter what (I should take my own advice, smh) How about try to find a work at home job?? They really are out there,,,good ones. I know Hilton hires at home positions making reservations. Good luck and hope it all works out for the best for you and your family.

Quoting Hilary799:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kittycat813
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

my kids are my employer.

Owl_Feather
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I wish I was a sahm again but DH doesnt make enough income. I feel better knowing I am helping financially and I work at night, so DS doesnt have to go to childcare. But I am due at the end of next month and really just....dont care about my job anymore. I feel like a slave now. I used to enjoy my job but my nesting instinct is peaking right now and I cant fulfill it because of work :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)