Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What do you think? Should I be concerned?

Posted by on May. 20, 2012 at 10:54 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm 7 months pregnant.

This is my SO's first kid, my second. 

The other day he saw me on my laptop and started getting concerned. 

He said, "are you suppose to have your laptop on top of your belly like that?"

The reason why he mentioned this is because of the news where researchers studied how men who have laptops on their stomachs or near their penis, the laptop will effect their sperm and possibly slow their sperm or kill them off, something like that.

So my question is, if laptops can effect sperm, does that mean laptops can also effect the fetus, or baby, in some way? 

by on May. 20, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
CDMelty
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:08 PM
2 moms liked this

It's a temperature thing.

Testicles are supposed to be cooler than body temperature. That's why they hang down away from the body and why doctors tell men to wear boxers instead of briefs/boxer-briefs when they're trying to conceive.  Laptops get hot and warm the testicles and it kills the sperm.

Babies are supposed to be body temperature.  If your laptop feels hot on your belly movie it, but it will burn you before it burns the baby.

Crisd77
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:37 PM
It's like the cell phone controversy...not enough information on it. So my advice...since I'm 4 months pregnant as well...do what you gotta do and don't look back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Herrmann799799
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I think your baby will be fine. We are all nervous that we did something wrong during our pregnancy! Its part of being an expectant parent! If it worries you stop doing it. If your baby is moving normal and your checkups are normal then everything will be fine!! Your baby is going to be beautiful!!

NaturalMamaCZ
by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:10 AM
I wouldn't rest it on my belly.
unhappymom74
by on May. 21, 2012 at 11:58 AM

your 7 months you will be fine.even at this point if for some reason your baby would be ok mine is and she was born at 27 weeks.

MrsRobinson06
by on May. 21, 2012 at 1:03 PM

I used my laptop all the time during my second pregnancy. You will be fine. I did also use a tray for laptops though for my mouse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN