Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I hope I did the right thing tonight

Posted by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:48 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have thought about this long and hard for awhile. I have deceided tonight that I no longer can live like this. I am walking away from mom and 2 of my brothers and their familes. I will keep my brother who is also treated like crap. She treats my kids like they are trash. My kids don't deserve this one bit. So I hope as they get older they understand why I did this. This was for them and for me and it's what is best. 

They have no granparents but her they are all deceased. But if she treats them like this they don't need her either. 

by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on May. 23, 2012 at 10:00 PM
I'm sorry Tara! I know they have been treating you badly for some time. Hugs!
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on May. 23, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Thanks

I hope I can move on and not dwell on my choice.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

I'm sorry Tara! I know they have been treating you badly for some time. Hugs!

moroccanmommy
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Hugs.
I walked away before..moved..and stayed away for ten yrs.
Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
e-doolittle
by Kelly on May. 23, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on May. 23, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Thanks

It is a little hard when they live close to me.

Quoting moroccanmommy:

Hugs.
I walked away before..moved..and stayed away for ten yrs.
Good luck

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on May. 23, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Thanks

Quoting e-doolittle:

Hugs!

wigglesmomma22
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I'm sorry:(  I've had to do that as well.  I don't speak to my dad, and haven't really in almost 15 years.  I occassionally feel bad about it, but I know deep down, I don't and won't ever trust him and to be honest I'm scared to be around him.  He threatened to kill us all the time when my mom, brother, and I lived with him as a kid.  I have kind of done the same with my brother.  He hasn't been to my house in four years, and I haven't been to his in a ayear. Good luck...sorry, your going through this..

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on May. 23, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Thanks I will never understand how she could treat me like this. My father died in 1988 when I was 11. My step dad was only 6 years older than me. He was a no good peice of ----. Both my inlaws were deceased before I met my hubby. She was the only grandparent my kids had. She chose inlaws who walk all over her. But I am done being the stepping stone for her.

Quoting wigglesmomma22:

I'm sorry:(  I've had to do that as well.  I don't speak to my dad, and haven't really in almost 15 years.  I occassionally feel bad about it, but I know deep down, I don't and won't ever trust him and to be honest I'm scared to be around him.  He threatened to kill us all the time when my mom, brother, and I lived with him as a kid.  I have kind of done the same with my brother.  He hasn't been to my house in four years, and I haven't been to his in a ayear. Good luck...sorry, your going through this..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN