Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My feelings are hurt PIOG

Posted by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:54 PM
  • 8 Replies

I was already emotional because my DD graduated preschool today. My bf came over later after she was in bed and his phone blew up from his friends the entire time. Then his friend called him and told him that he was engaged. Now don't get me wrong, I don't want to be married today, or tomorrow, or anytime in the next year or so, but I would like that eventually. After his friend told me that he proposed and she said yes, the friend said something to effect of "Now its your turn." To which my loving bf said "I don't know about all that." My stomach dropped...IDK if its because I"m already emotional, but really. I didn't say anything, but I have to be honest, I want to cry. I have loved him for years...before we even started dating. He would ask me out once a year when things were rocky with my DD's dad and we were split up. It was obvious that something was there between us for about 6 years before we started dating. I left his comment alone and didn't say anything but at the same time I wanted to cry. I wanted to tell him, I would have married you yesterday, but its not the right time. I'm not working right now and I haven't graduated yet (18 months left). Instead, we started talking about something about my house (that I own), and I told him that when I sell it I can't wait to buy all new furniture, bed, and kitchen table. Half the time, IDK if men have feelings like women do because of all the crap that I've been through with them (I'm not throwing a pity party, but I sometimes don't think they have genuine feelings). I kind of hope it hurt his feelings. I don't really want that, I just wanted him to know how it felt I guess. Thats crappy, but I don't feel comfortable bringing up the topic of marriage or moving in. Partly because I have a DD (5) and I wouldn't feel comfortable asking if we could all live together (I feel like its his job to ask because I have so much more that comes with the territory of living with me. I have major fears of moving in with someone and going through what happened the last time (with DD's dad). I know it was childish of me, but I didn't know what else to say or do. IDK...I guess this was just a vent..

by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on May. 23, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Hugs mama I wish I had advice for you. But I just walked away from my mom and brothers tonight. So I am of no advice sorry Good luck hon

wigglesmomma22
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Quoting kyledavidsmom:

Hugs mama I wish I had advice for you. But I just walked away from my mom and brothers tonight. So I am of no advice sorry Good luck hon

Thanks:)  What do you mean walk away?? Care to share?  Sorry for being nosy, but perhaps if I focus on something else my hurt feelings will leave. lol

jac77
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:06 PM
I actually think it was an off the cuff comment from one guy to another. I understand it was hurtful, I would be too. But, men are SO insensitive sometimes. Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on May. 23, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Quoting jac77:

I actually think it was an off the cuff comment from one guy to another. I understand it was hurtful, I would be too. But, men are SO insensitive sometimes. Hugs!

I was thinking the same thing....
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on May. 23, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I made a post I hope I did the right thing tonight. You can go read it plus my comments in the post to.

Quoting wigglesmomma22:

Quoting kyledavidsmom:

Thanks:)  What do you mean walk away?? Care to share?  Sorry for being nosy, but perhaps if I focus on something else my hurt feelings will leave. lol

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on May. 23, 2012 at 10:21 PM

They sure are

Quoting jac77:

Aaeli
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I think so, too. It doesn't help that it's an emotional day for you, anyway.

Quoting jac77:

erikadi
by Member on May. 27, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I can understand that would hurt you. Maybe you guys should have an honest discussion. Saying how down the road you would like to get married and maybe move in later just so he knows how you feel. He may not know how you feel and feels awkward about bringing it. Maybe you will find out what he wants to do and if you are on the same page. You might find out what is taking him so long.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)