Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Would you let your daughter go to a sleep over if...

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 12:42 PM
  • 72 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you let your daughter stay at a home where the only chaperon is Male?

Options:

Yes

No

Other. Explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 93

View Results

The only adult that will be there is the dad? Some of you may remember my post last weekend about how my daughters friends were coming over and I didn't want them too. How I don't care much for kids and have a lot of anxiety problems when people (especially kids) are at my home. My stupid husband knows all this. Well when he took the girls home Saturday evening HE invited them to a sleep over this Saturday. I am not happy about this at all. But of course he told the kids and they are all super excited about it and he will not tell them that they can't come. So I am really considering going somewhere else for the weekend, but I got to thinking thought that some of these girls parents may not be to happy If they find out that the only chaperone at the house was male. None of the parents really know us and we really don't know them either. I do not want to be here with all these kids in my house.

So if you really didn't know the family would you allow your daughter to go to a sleep over where the only chaperon was male?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him gain world domination.
by on May. 24, 2012 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kamrynlily07
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2012 at 12:48 PM
How old are the kids? I probably would not, especially if I didn't know the parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bunnywzrd
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2012 at 12:49 PM

8, 8, 9 and 12

Quoting kamrynlily07:

How old are the kids? I probably would not, especially if I didn't know the parents.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him gain world domination.
sweetsurprise13
by on May. 24, 2012 at 12:50 PM

i am not sure on this one. If I knew you really well then maybe but still not sure on the whole sleep over thing and I only have a son so hopefully I won't have to worry about that.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on May. 24, 2012 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
If I didn't know the parents, I wouldn't let my dd sleepover period.
JoGibson
by on May. 24, 2012 at 12:51 PM

If I knew the dad well, maybe. If I don't know the dad, HELL NO!

bootifuldisastr
by on May. 24, 2012 at 12:53 PM
I love the replies about "knowing" the parents. What is the definition of this exactly? LOL
bunnywzrd
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I know I wouldn't. But the thought of staying here with all these kids in my house is killing me. I am going to have a nervous breakdown. I don't want them here and if they are here I don't want to be.

AmyG1976
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2012 at 12:59 PM
2 moms liked this

I have to know the parents males or females same sex, different religions, different race, single mom, single dad, only one parent home. None of that matters I would and have sent my son to a sleep over where the only parent was female I have sent my daughter to sleepovers (many) where the only parent was male. I wont send my kids to my inlaws though lmao, I know them. I know the families that my kids go to I dont care if a man is in charge, a woman, a gay couple, a family of different religion (my oldest dd bff is Muslim we are not). I had a gay friend living with us for a little over a year none of my kids friends had a prob with that I know I would not. I have been the only parent home when my son had a friend over no one had a prob. I dont think there have been sleep overs with only dh here though but I think that is because the only  times I was not here lol I was in the hospital and well other things were going on and could not have sleep overs. My youngest dd bff mom travels a lot for work the dad is SAHD she had stayed the night there plently of times with just him home I never thought twice about it.  I know the parents I talk to them I have been to their homes my kids DONT stay with ppl I dont know though. 

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"   MLK
~A wife of 14 years to B mommy of 16 years to J, 11 year old D, 9 year old M, and our miracle baby born at 26 weeks J 7 years.           http://www.freewebs.com/sacredjourneys/index.htm

Derari
by Member on May. 24, 2012 at 1:02 PM
No.

My kids aren't at that age, however, I think my comfort is in hosting the sleepover. I won't be sending my kids overnight anywhere. Family, my parents, brothers or sister are the only exceptions. There are so many unknowns, if parents are comfortable sending the kids...I'd be happy to host. Just not the other way around.
shay0810
by on May. 24, 2012 at 1:03 PM

I let my kids go to a freinds house when only the dad was home. I t was only for an hour or so, until dh could get off work and get them. A sleepover? I doubt I would. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)