Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Got engaged - then got pregnant before the announcement, now what?

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 2:59 AM
  • 18 Replies

So after a decade of dating on and off I finally said "Yes" to his 4th proposal.  Unfortuantely i believe we got pregnant the very same night!   I haven't even announced the engagement.  It was going to be a surprise during a family get together this June, now I feel not only have we ruined the planned anouncement but the first year of marriage! How did we avoid this for so long and then... POW! Guess it was meant to be BUT my biggest dilemma besides explaining to my mother that I am not getting married just because I am pregnant LOL but when to get married? We had planned for November but I will be very sizable then.  My best friend says wait until after the birth and I get back in shape.  I dont want to wait that long, November is a significant time for us, yet I dont want to be big, with swollen ankles, possibly crabby, tired, etc. What to do What to do? Give me advice ladies...

DESIRE*ASK*BELIEVE*ACHIEVE

by on May. 25, 2012 at 2:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jentromp
by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:47 AM
1 mom liked this

mine wasn't quite that soon...lol we got engaged in december and were planning a september wedding and found out in june we were expecting our first...went on with the wedding as planned even though i was 5 months pregnant at the wedding.....a lot of people outside of family didn't even know we were expecting. Although I couldn't wear the dress I had already bought I was able to borrow my sisters wedding dress and to her dismay we still had to take it in to make it fit

pampire
by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:59 AM

Ifit was me, I'd get married at the time that is special.  That will be a special date forever.  I'd on;y be swollena and cranky that one day!

Brittanyk3
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:05 AM
could you move the wedding up a few months so you wont be so "big/pregnant"...if not then i would just go with the nov. time frame since its special to you....are for the announcement could you plan a small family dinner within the next few weeks and tell everyone about the engagement then...then maybe in june let everyone know about the pregnancy.
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2012 at 4:59 AM

Tell your Mom,she'll let everyone else know,lol. I'd just move the date up,so you're not all big and cranky,and keep it simple,then in a few years you can do it again if you like.

tel4him
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2012 at 6:33 AM

I would do it in November like you want.  Or as was suggested it, move it up a few months, so you're not quite as big at the wedding.  Either way, I would get married before the baby is born.  That would be important to me.

tel4him
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2012 at 6:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations on both things, BTW!  I hope you have a long, happy life together!

in love

sheri305
by on May. 25, 2012 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting tel4him:

Congratulations on both things, BTW!  I hope you have a long, happy life together!

in love

And just maybe move the date up a little,Best wishes!

LuvingMy3Girls
by Member on May. 25, 2012 at 8:15 AM
I know right now this seems like a big deal. In a few years it won't matter. I was pretty much in the same situation. Although we had only known each other a month, we got engaged then like the next week found out I was pregnant. You can bet people talked. We got married quick. I was not showing, it was a beautiful wedding. That was almost 14 years ago and the drama around it has all be forgotten. Congrats on your upcoming marriage and baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tme4mllr
by on May. 25, 2012 at 8:21 AM

elope!

Karen_29
by on May. 25, 2012 at 9:02 AM

I would probably tell your mom before anyone else and explain to her. Then I would move up the wedding to where your not so preganant:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN