Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your child listen to daddy better than mommy?

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:01 PM
  • 40 Replies

Who has trouble with their child listening to them but the father comes in and they do exactly what they want??  I am so frustrated because my 3 1/2 year old listens to my husband but refuses to listen to me even if I approach her the same way he does.  Does anyone else have this problem and what do you do about it?

by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on May. 25, 2012 at 12:27 PM
I have the opposite problem. My dd listens to me, but not her dad. She sees her dad as the fun, joker type and doesn't take anything that he says very seriously.
LuvMyBoy08
by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:29 PM
My son never listens to me, but always listens to daddy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2cindylouwho
by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
DD listens to me, but there are times I have to repeat myself.

When DH is home, he has to just tell her once. I think it's his deep voice & the fact he is the "fun" one, so when trouble arises, DD knows DH means business. Sigh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AriMommy
by on May. 25, 2012 at 1:17 PM

This is my house too.  I think Daddy's just command more attention than Mommys.

Quoting mom2cindylouwho:

When DH is home, he has to just tell her once. I think it's his deep voice & the fact he is the "fun" one, so when trouble arises, DD knows DH means business. Sigh.

mommieof
by on May. 25, 2012 at 1:29 PM
My older two listen much better to their father (my ex) he has them every other week and they behave well for him, but in my weeks they're crazy and yes I'm firm and consistent with rules and punishments but I swear kids think they can run over mom cause we were always the soft lovey one when they were little. As for my almost 2 yr old twins they listen to no one not dad and not mom it's craziness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firewoman33
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2012 at 2:14 PM

My 41/2 yr old ds  listens to both of us. I'd say I'm a pretty no nonsense type he knows he gets 1 chance and then there will be consequences. If I had to pick one parent he listens to the most I'd definitely say me.

Daddy doesn't always follow through because my son can play him like a violin. lol Even with DH though if he puts his foot down ds snaps to. 

anotherladybird
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:04 PM

My son listens better to his father and step-father than he does to me.  I guess it's because I joke around with him so frequently that he has a hard time taking me seriously unless I'm raising my voice.  Not that we have issues with him behaving himself, but when it's time to relax and start winding down, he'll listen faster to his father figures.

ChancesMommy07
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Yep, my son listens to me but he really hops to it when DH tells him to do something. DH has a deep voice and is rarely the one who disciplines so DS really pays attention when his dad tells him to do something. 

Quoting mom2cindylouwho:

stacy2607
by Stacy on May. 25, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Nope, I'm a SAHM and I do all the discipline and daddy works from 8am-8pm so by the time he gets home he doesn't get very long with the kids(except on weekends when he's off) so he likes to be the fun one while mommy is fun but also more of the disciplinary so they listen to me more.?and when daddy tries to discipline or lecture them, they pretty much laugh at him and mommy has to step in and they listen.
CafeMom Tickers
sheri305
by on May. 25, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Its a balance,but my husband have greater impact on my son...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)