Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Is Subway or any sub shop considered a fast food restaurant?

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:45 PM
  • 17 Replies

My SO and I are having a friendly debat on this question. He thinks it's not fast food because they serve healthy food and not all their foods are processed.

I told him that it's still considered fast food.

So I called up a local Subway and asked them.

They said they are considered a fast food restaurant.

I want to know what you guys think.

My SO and I have a bet. If I'm right, I get sex.

If he's right.....well we haven't discussed what he gets.....maybe sex.  lol!!

by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Fast food, to me, is anywhere with a drive thru.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

The_Doodle
by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Sub shops are fast food. And yes, Subway does sell processed food. Have you ever seen a pack of their turkey? Or their American cheese that rarely dries out? However, I don't think that it being processed makes any difference because there are processed foods in sit down restaurants that wouldn't necessarily be considered fast food.

squeekers
by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

IMO, if you walk up to a counter and order food and it's prepared in less than 20 minutes time, it is fast food.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on May. 25, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I would say that subway is the but the ones in grocery stores are not (well, maybe wal-mart).  They seem to use a higher quality food in the grocery store ones like Raleys and Safeway.  I won't buy from subway and such because I'm a vegetarian.  Ever seen how many vegetables they put on the vegetarian sandwiches?  A thin layer of lettuce, a couple of paper thin tomatoes, 3 pickles, 5 olives...you get the idea.  Even if you get all of the veggies you can barely tell there is anything but bread there!  The grocery store ones though are piled high with veggies.  Yum!

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
Marimaru
by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:58 PM

I think anything you walk up to and order and walk away with is fast food. 

shadenn766
ok, I cant get into any group...whats going on with this site?????, anybody else having trouble?
Today at 11:37 AM
by on May. 25, 2012 at 1:09 PM

yes

TableforSeven
by Judy on May. 25, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I would consider any place where you come in - order food at the counter and get it right away - then eat (either there or taking the food out/home) to be fast food.

Places like Salad works, etc are 'fast food' in my eyes too because you aren't waiting for your food to be prepared, etc.  Doesn't matter how healthy the food is.

bashfull_77
by on May. 25, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I consider it fast food.

BonitaM
by on May. 25, 2012 at 2:01 PM

I consider it fast food.  You get food fast. :o)

mommyofgirl1974
by on May. 25, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Fast food.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)