Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

SO past

Posted by on May. 27, 2012 at 11:46 PM
  • 11 Replies
Has your SO done something in the past, whether y'all were together or not, that you sometimes regret knowing?

DH has done somethings that I think about every now and then that just bothers me...I'm not going to leave him over it and I've already talk to him about it (several times), but when I think about it I just can't stop...annoying is what it really is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 27, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missheathyr
by on May. 27, 2012 at 11:59 PM

No, I guess not. But I've made some choices that I really regret and dwell on. In fact all my baggage almost kept us apart. Even though it wasn't an issue for him I just couldn't forgive myself and really resisted the relationship. Things still bug me but I have to force myself to focus elsewhere and also to forgive myself. It sounds like you really love him and don't want to split. So I would say, those feelings will probably always come and go you've just gotta change your focus and at some point just let it all go. I hope that helps 

e-doolittle
by Kelly on May. 28, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Yes he has.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommieof
by on May. 28, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Yes we've had some bad issues a few years back that took a long time to forgive and move on and Somedays it gnaws at me more than others, but we both messed up and we forgave each other and completely changed our ways, but honestly Somedays it's hard to forget :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyJDTJ
by on May. 28, 2012 at 2:17 AM
No. Not at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chinosruca
by on May. 28, 2012 at 2:22 AM
No. My husband lived an awful life before I met him. His arrest record is a novel. His reputation with women is disgusting.

But, it's all in the past. I don't dwell on things. We have a good marriage. He's my best friend, husband, & a wonderful father.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tgifrida
by on May. 28, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Yes. But I prefer to keep the past in the past. There's no way in enjoying our lives together if we dwell upon the past. It's a waste of time to do so. Cherish the great man that he is to you right now and things can only get better. Bring up the past, live in the past and you'll just be miserable until you decide to let it go.

erikadi
by Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 7:07 PM

I see what you mean. Since it is in the past there is nothing you can do about it. Are you still worried that he will do it again? Hopefully he has given you some assurance. Unfortunately you won't know for sure until it happens. Then I guess you will have to cross that bridge when you come to it.

maof1andhalf
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:04 PM
We've been together for 8yrs and he's been good...so I do have that maybe he could thought, but he's proven me wrong all these years...maybe it's jus me bring paranoid
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Synexx
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Nope, he has had a very sheltered life and I accept and appreciate his entire experience in the past as a part of what makes him who he is today. Me, on the other hand, there is plenty of things I wish I could forget about my life.

ChancesMommy07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:54 AM
No. But even if he had there would be no reason to continue to dwell on it or bring it up. Life can't be lived from the past and I wouldn't want to be with someone who continually brought up my old mistakes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)