Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Working out/getting back in shape

Posted by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:15 PM
  • 20 Replies
I've been running 3-4x a week for about a month now, and added some lifting/abs tonight. Oh. My. Gosh. I'm already feeling it when I tried to go upstairs! It's a good hurt, but it sucks I let myself get so out of shape.

For those of you who work out regularly, what's your routine?

I'm about to enjoy my favorite recovery drink now...skim milk with a little chocolate!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jess5706
by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:52 PM

yoga! I have been practicing for years and love it. I go 3 times per week for 1.5-2 hours each time.

I also walk a fair amount, especially now that my 14 month old is willing to sit in his stroller. I have played with the idea of running-but I really don't enjoy it so it may never happen.

momof3_dll
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:13 PM
I mix up the cardio and never have the same strength routine for more than 3wks at a time. I think the biggest help for me was using myfitnesspal.com to track food and everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sallij
by Member on May. 29, 2012 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I pretty much hate every minute of it, even when I'm in shape lol. DD loves it. I always laugh because her little feet get going over the edge of the stroller and as I speed up so do they.

I started to try to get the last little bit of weight off and get toned back up, but now I have a little extra motivation because I'm taking the test for a police job.

Quoting jess5706:

yoga! I have been practicing for years and love it. I go 3 times per week for 1.5-2 hours each time.

I also walk a fair amount, especially now that my 14 month old is willing to sit in his stroller. I have played with the idea of running-but I really don't enjoy it so it may never happen.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littleacorn
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:40 PM
I do an hour on the Crossramp every day that I workout, PLUS the following:

Monday - 1 hr kickboxing
Tuesday - 1 hr Zumba
Wednesday - 1hr yoga, 45 min kettlebell class
Thursday - kickboxing
Friday - Zumba

I will probably start going to Saturday class too, which is a different class each week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
e-doolittle
by Kelly on May. 30, 2012 at 12:13 AM
I love Pilates
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chymerra
by on May. 30, 2012 at 6:53 AM

I walk and use the elliptical.

mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2012 at 7:06 AM

I'm a long distance runner as well as use only Beachbody workouts..

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

itsm3
by on May. 30, 2012 at 7:44 AM

i eat healthy, no dessert/bad/junk food, i exercise 5 days per week doing insanity.  

now that this is my last week of work (i have the summer off), i'll be joining a gym for 3 months so i can increase my strength training.  I'll be doing that + insanity for the rest of the summer

visit me at my blog:  vodka and soda | www.lifeinprogress.ca

i'm charting my progress of the 30-day shred  |  journey to a healther me

LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on May. 30, 2012 at 7:58 AM

I have been seeing an Nutritionist (the one Hubby started seeing 6 mo ago and he has lost almost 60lbs), I go to the gym Mon and Wed I do Elptical machine for 30 min, 4 sets of 20 crunches, and 30 min on Treadmill. Tues and Thurs I do 3 sets of 10 crunches, 30 min Circuit, and some extra arm work. Friday nights I am on a Kickball team and that is a lot of running. Weekends we are all over the place.

Owner of Groups:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/114224  May 2005 Kids

http://www.cafemom.com/group/114223 September 2002 kids

http://www.cafemom.com/group/116341 Once Upon A Time (TV Series)

vettechmom88
by Member on May. 30, 2012 at 8:11 AM

im a personal trainer so i have to stay in shape if i want to keep clients! i weight train in a split as follows:

legs/ glutes

back/ shoulders

arms/ chest

and i do abs every other day and 1.5 hrs of cardio 3 days a week. i have a rest day every 4th day.

good luck in your journey to fitness, and just remember to be patient with yourself!

"Never judge a man by how he treats his peers, judge him by how he treats his inferiors." ~ Albus Dumbledore

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN