Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Hubby just called me with some huge news

Posted by   + Show Post

His boss was fired while Jason was on lunch. When he got back they offered him the job. This would mean his pay would go from 100K a year to 150k a year.

Here is the catch. If he takes it he has to leave for China for 2 months this Wednesday.

Keep in mind we are foster parents and our certification will change with him out of the house for that length of time. This means I would have to chose a foster child to leave my home.

He has to have an answer for them by Monday. And since tommorow is Friday that means it is the only chance he will have to get questions answered we may have before giving and answer.

I haven't answered his email, I just don't know what to say.

by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Replies (51-55):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 8, 2012 at 6:14 PM

That's a tough one. I think if I were in your place I would support my husband in the decision that he makes. I hope there is a loop hole for the foster child so that they may remain with you.

OregonMom80
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 7:51 PM

It is strange to me that some people are making this all about money.  I am a woman who has a career and I can tell you that a promotion is about a heck of a lot more than just money.  My hubby and I combined make enough that we're comfortable.  Would it be nice to earn more?  Sure.  Do we need it?  Not necessarily.  If I got offered a promotion, it wouldn't be about the money.  It would be about the recognition of my abilities and the roles and responsibilities of the new position.

If your DH is only interested based on the higher salary, I don't know that I'd do it.  If this is his dream job, as you said, and it's the position itself and everything that comes along with it . . . I would support him 100% in doing it and figure out how to sort everything else out.  Hopefully DHS will work with you while he's gone temporarily.

1NurseMom
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:29 PM

That sounds like a tough decision.  You guys have lots to discuss.  I'm sure you'll make the best decision for your family...good luck!

LostTheSlipper
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Quoting OregonMom80:

It is strange to me that some people are making this all about money.  I am a woman who has a career and I can tell you that a promotion is about a heck of a lot more than just money.  My hubby and I combined make enough that we're comfortable.  Would it be nice to earn more?  Sure.  Do we need it?  Not necessarily.  If I got offered a promotion, it wouldn't be about the money.  It would be about the recognition of my abilities and the roles and responsibilities of the new position.

If your DH is only interested based on the higher salary, I don't know that I'd do it.  If this is his dream job, as you said, and it's the position itself and everything that comes along with it . . . I would support him 100% in doing it and figure out how to sort everything else out.  Hopefully DHS will work with you while he's gone temporarily.

Probably because she posted about the money.

erica7227
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:40 PM
Wow, are you serious?

Quoting Livinwith3boys:

Seriously? putting a foster child before your husband? Of course you should let him take the job!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)