Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

The silent tantrum...

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 9:25 PM
  • 15 Replies

My 2 year old has mastered it lol

she sat like this for 10 minutes because we told her she had to eat her salad before she could have more raviolis lol

yeah, car seat tantrum.  She fell asleep during this one lol

Outisde she usually just walks away from me and stands there with her back to me glaring over her shoulder every once in a while.  She only screams if we go and get her.  Otherwise she just stands there until she finally gets over it lol

anybody else have a silent tantrum toddler?

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amberleigh81
by Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 9:26 PM
I can only hope! LOL

From the noise he makes now at eight months, probably not! :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IQuitCounting
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 9:38 PM

My son's pretty quiet in his "tantrums" as opposed to yelling, screaming, kicking, etc.  He usually huffs at me, crosses his arms, glares and/or pouts.  He'll walk away and sit somewhere away from me.  He gives me eye rolls a lot too... and he's not even four yet.  But he'll also say things (not yell) like "Fine, then I'm going to go play by myself."  or "I don't like how you said that, I'm going to my room."  I guess we sort of lucked out.  I'll take that over a screaming fit anyday!!!!

sherica28
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 9:43 PM

no i never had one. out of five kids they all screamed and i had a couple that actually kicked there feet and arms madly on the floor

1NurseMom
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL!  That is too friggin cute!

Can she come over and teach my 2 year old?? ;)

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Lucky you!  Mine is definitely not a silent tantrum.  lol

MamaK313
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 12:04 AM
I wish it was silent. He usually does this really high-pitched scream thing that would just about bust your ear drums. It drives me NUTS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marimaru
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Isabelle does this thing where she'll walk away from me and sit down and then put her face in her hands and pout for a few minutes.  What's wierd is that sometimes it's random and for no reason that I can fathom.  I think it started as something she was mimicking from someone (though I don't know who), but now she'll do it to pout if she's told no about something, or if she just in general wants to try to ignore what I am telling her to do.  Ah 2 year olds...

trae1982
by Timna on Jun. 8, 2012 at 1:50 AM
Oh I wish...my 2yr old daughter is a screamer...high pitch, ear piercing screams...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRobinson06
by Amy on Jun. 8, 2012 at 7:14 PM
I wish mine had silent tantrums!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 9, 2012 at 7:46 AM

My middle son had silent tantrums. He would walk away with his little arms crossed and look at you will the saddest face. My oldest and youngest had the full on wailing tantrums.

I'm so glad my kids are older, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)