Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you like your in laws?

Posted by   + Show Post
This has probably already been posted but do you like you in laws? If no, why not?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 6:20 AM
Replies (11-20):
lizzig
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:08 AM

don't know them & never really spoke to them.  they are in mexico & we're in ga.  we don't have the $$ to visit them nor they us.  kinda makes me sad that our children don't know that side of their family.  one day though.

my husband does know my parents though.  he loves my mom & gets along with her so well he's joined my crusade of trying to get her to leave my father & move in with us. (my parents have had a very unhealthy marriage since i before i was born & i'm 37)

dustinsmom1
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:08 AM

HATE them. They are lying, backstabbing, scum bag pieces of shit. They are not a part of ours or our sons life. Most of Hubbys family is not allowed near our son as they lie and talk shit about us all the time.All started when we wouldnt go to his Moms for Christmas cause its mayhem there and the grandkids all swear (shit damn and yes Fuck) and do as they please (at 5 and 6 yrs old) we didnt want our son around that and from then on we have "horrible" people. Whatever, I'm over their bullshit. They still talk shit about us (this happened 3 yrs ago) and lie all the time, its sad but I dont want our son around people like that.

jujubear1
by Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this
On my way to a family reunion right now. I'll answer later lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatmynameagain
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:10 AM
Yes they are always there for us and treat me like s daughter and of course love out lids to pieces. They can be a little too into our business but I luck out since they live in NJ and we live in Fl (@1,000 miles away)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SP_Mama
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Love them.  I see them more than my own family.

babydue1105
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:15 AM
No fil and my mil is an alcoholic and drug user so I could do without her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeckyP.
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Yes, but probably because they live across the country from us. It would be nice if they were closer so my DS new them better, but not TOO close.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma2b2008
by Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Not really! They are ALWAYS making excuses as to why they can't come and see us. So we are always going to see them. Like for example my oh so wonderful SIL said she was coming down for thanksgiving, never came. Then it was for christmas, again never came. Then it was for her sons spring break, again never came. Then it was sometime in April well April came and went without her. But she did go out to AZ for memorial day weekend to see her best friend! And now here we are getting ready to spend a fortune to go up and see them yet again. His mom came down for a whopping 2.5 days a year and a half ago and his dad and sister have never been down here. We have lived in Ohio for 2.5 and we have been up there, this will be our 3rd summer. So no I do not like my inlaws at all!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Quinn525
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I love my inlaws. My mil is a hillbilly and my fil is a redneck. They are absolutely the funniest and most loving people in the world, although I don't trust their cooking at all. I am closer to my sils more than my own brother. They live 1.5 hours away but we don't get to see them as often as we would like due to our crazy schedule.
Dh also loves my parents. I think their relationship made my parents realize how much an asshole my brother is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2b39465
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Depends on the day, lol. Usually yes. We get along really well for the most part. Occasionally we have a fight though. DH works for MIL and I used to before the boys came, and it's hard seeing the power struggle between DH and MIL sometimes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)