Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

It's a complement?

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:21 AM
  • 11 Replies

In another group I was given a special designation of 'Owns a McMansion' which I do not but it stems from a conversation that I was told I couldn't possibly have been on food assistance while owning a 3000sqft home. 

Um... it's called lay offs due to the economy, buts the best of us in the butt from time to time.

Anyways.  I laughed my butt off at it.  If for no other reason as I'm living rent free in that admin's head.

See, I got called out to post a picture of said house which is not a McMansion as it was not built during the 90s housing boom and is instead, a boxy 1960's era colonial in need of a new roof and some landscaping.  That said I posted the photos and proceeded to not bother reading any of the replies.  I get it that people lie on  the internet all the time but yah, kind of a dumb thing to lie about really.  And if I was going to post up a photo of a house that isn't mine, I sure wouldn't post a photo of a yard with weedy flower beds and crappy faded shutters and dandelions in the grass. lol.

I told them I thought it was funny too.  I know my nose is in the air sometimes but just wow, I couldn't even tell you the name of the person who called me out, I cared THAT LITTLE. 

I still don't care, it's just now I think it's hysterical too.

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nintendomommy
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't have posted a picture, I don't owe anyone an explanation. Neither do you. :) Why people care so much about others possessions is beyond me...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jediGert
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I think I did it just to be a snarky bitch actually.  Don't call me on my crap unless you have proof I'm lying.  I wasn't and I was willing to show iff the weeds to prove it :D

Quoting Nintendomommy:

I wouldn't have posted a picture, I don't owe anyone an explanation. Neither do you. :) Why people care so much about others possessions is beyond me...

Jill-The-Pill
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:54 PM

It would make me insanely nervous to post a picture of my house on the internet. There's so many weirdos out there! LOL

I think, if you've left that community, you've done the right thing. Sounds like someone with "the keys" is out to harass you, no matter what. Being an admin certain shows how much integrity someone has, doesn't it?

Bigmetalchicken
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I was once called (On another site), and elitist, rich white bitch, who lived in a gated community.  I was told this after I mentioned something about my Libertarian beliefs.  My husband and I spent a good ten minutes laughing at that, as it was so incorrect.   I am not rich, I am half Puerto Rican, and we lived in a decentish, older section of our town, in a home that we bought expressly so we could get it paid off quickly.  It is interesting how people can have these perceptions that are so incorrect.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:37 PM
It would make me nervous too.

Quoting Jill-The-Pill:

It would make me insanely nervous to post a picture of my house on the internet. There's so many weirdos out there! LOL

I think, if you've left that community, you've done the right thing. Sounds like someone with "the keys" is out to harass you, no matter what. Being an admin certain shows how much integrity someone has, doesn't it?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sdgd21
by Diana on Jun. 11, 2012 at 6:17 PM
I agree

Quoting Nintendomommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jediGert
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, I didn't leave, it's like a train wreck over there honestly and well, there's a reason I watch Jerry Springer and Cops. lol.

sheri305
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Quoting KylesMom409:

It would make me nervous too.

Quoting Jill-The-Pill:

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:31 AM
Ive been called a liar more times than I can count. And I'm not lying!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jediGert
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Yah me too and I don't waste any time lying, it's too hard to keep your story straight when parts of it aren't true.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Ive been called a liar more times than I can count. And I'm not lying!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)