Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Disgusted with neighbor's perverted son...

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:55 AM
  • 27 Replies
2 moms liked this

Caught him looking up a 5 year old girl's really short shorts on the playground.  He's about 11/12 ish.  This little girl is always wearing next to nothing and out and about by herself--ie. a bathing suit when we have no pool in sight; but that day I saw her with my nieces and she was on the top of the slide --on the frame (the part right at the top where you hold on to it before sliding down) and there HE was right under her with his face RIGHT THERE!  I called him out and he gathered his crew eyes down and left in a hurry.  I lectured my nieces about wearing appropriate clothing (w/o making the little girl uncomfortable---it was tactful) and then found myself marching down to the little girl's mother to introduce myself humbly and tell her to be aware of the little boy and what he was doing to her daughter.  Everytime I see this kid I want to snatch him up.  Of all the times his mom goes MIA!  I don't know whether to tell her or not...or if she will care at all that her son is a potential child molester!  Vent over.

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rwblake2011
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:59 AM
5 moms liked this
I would track down mom and tell her. If she doesn't believe you its HER fault.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littleangie
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:58 AM
3 moms liked this

I am so glad that you contacted the mom of the little girl.  I hope she appreciated the gesture.  It gives me relief that people like you have no problem looking out for the welfare of other people's children.  I have a two year daughter and stuff like that can be very worrisome. 

CDMelty
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

You did a good thing warning the girl's mother. But an 11 1/2 year old boy trying to look up shorts or a skirt is not a potential child molester. If he were 16 then it'd be creepy but at 11 it's just incredibly inappropriate, but no doubt born from natural curiosity.

AntroNet
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:58 PM

I admit to having a problem w/blaming "natural curiosity"---I also admit to being a bit judgemental when it comes to that cause I think that if it's not a book or magazine that you are gazing at, and instead it's a little girl who can be embarrassed and humiliated at your gesture to satisfy your curiosity, then to me they have the potential to molest.  I believe everyone is born with the knowledge of what is right and wrong.  You learn by nature (your instinct) and nurture (your upbringing)--  So perhaps it was harsh, but I can't repent of it.  Not this.  It's way too serious.  Prevention is better than cure.  Thanx for your input. 

Quoting CDMelty:

You did a good thing warning the girl's mother. But an 11 1/2 year old boy trying to look up shorts or a skirt is not a potential child molester. If he were 16 then it'd be creepy but at 11 it's just incredibly inappropriate, but no doubt born from natural curiosity.

AntroNet
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:00 PM

She was very grateful.  I am glad to have met her.  I approached her explaining that I was not trying to parent, or anything of that sort, but wanted to simply make her aware of what happened to her like I'd want someone to warn me.  She was glad I told her because her son was molested earlier that year.  Now, I am not saying this little boy would have molested her, but being his neighbor, he definitely has potential from other actions I have seen of him. 

Quoting littleangie:

I am so glad that you contacted the mom of the little girl.  I hope she appreciated the gesture.  It gives me relief that people like you have no problem looking out for the welfare of other people's children.  I have a two year daughter and stuff like that can be very worrisome. 

AntroNet
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:09 PM

I've decided against that.  Simply because she lives right next to me and already knows of my complaint about some of the things she allows her boys to do.  They are wild children and she seems to care less.  If I told her, as if she didn't already know the crap that little boy does, it'll only add up the tension.  You see, her son is also a bully and has bloodied my son's nose many times (on purpose) and so I have stopped all interaction with them. Period.   

Quoting rwblake2011:

I would track down mom and tell her. If she doesn't believe you its HER fault.

littleangie
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Quoting AntroNet:

She was very grateful.  I am glad to have met her.  I approached her explaining that I was not trying to parent, or anything of that sort, but wanted to simply make her aware of what happened to her like I'd want someone to warn me.  She was glad I told her because her son was molested earlier that year.  Now, I am not saying this little boy would have molested her, but being his neighbor, he definitely has potential from other actions I have seen of him. 

Quoting littleangie:

Good for you!

MommyJDTJ
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Thats great that you did that. These are reasons I am happy to have boys. I would flip if someone looked at my child like that.

Quoting littleangie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
OMG!!! Jax is gonna go off the deep end!! Even deeper! lol
Yesterday at 11:47 AM
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Boys can be looked at&violated too. I have boys&1 girl I protect them all the same!

Quoting MommyJDTJ:

Thats great that you did that. These are reasons I am happy to have boys. I would flip if someone looked at my child like that.

Quoting littleangie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AntroNet
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I agree.  It's happened to us.  I have four boys and I have to keep watch over them because of the school age kids and their curiosity.  But if any of my sons ever did this--you best believe our Homeschool field trips will be to the police stations and boot camps so they can SEE the results of sex crimes. 

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Boys can be looked at&violated too. I have boys&1 girl I protect them all the same!

Quoting MommyJDTJ:

Quoting littleangie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)