Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Wine & Manicures Party Sounds Like the Perfect Girls' Night Out! Do you agree?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:04 PM
  • 15 Replies

Wine & Manicures Party Sounds Like the Perfect Girls' Night Out

Posted by Adriana Velez

wine manicureHuman beings have been making wine for thousands of years. And yet, it is only recently that we have created the most crucial component of wines: Manicures.

Yes, wine lovers, now you can pair a nail polish color to your Pinot Grigio. Wine company Santa Margherita has created a line of nail colors inspired by wines. And they're throwing manicure/wine tasting parties, too! So are you getting the vision here? You and your friends, getting your nails done, drinking wine... Oh, is that your typical Thursday night? Well now it's officially a thing.

So: Manicure and wine parties, brilliant idea or recipe for disaster, what do you think?

My first thought was "brilliant." I love drinking wine, first of all. So that's a great place to start. And then there's the idea of matching nail colors with wine -- which is a natural. Pinks, neutrals, and reds! (I totally want that rose.) It all sounds like fun.

But then I thought a little bit more. Won't the nail salon fumes make the wine taste funky? I'm not so good with sticky, wet nails. I KNOW I'll mess up my manicure trying to hold my glass. (Maybe they have straws?) And tell me the people painting my nails are not also drinking wine -- because my fine motor skills diminish after a full glass. Just, you know, speaking for myself.

But wine. And manicures. Together.

Eh, I'm going to try and go to one of these little wine manicure parties anyway. It still sounds fun. Or maybe I could throw one of my own! With that non-toxic, no-fumes nail polish. And cupcakes... with matching nail colors, naturally.

Do you think it's a good idea to mix wine with manicures?

Image via Santa Margherita/Facebook

by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Yep I do agree. In fact I took my dd to get her 1st pedicure as well as myself at VIP nail and spa on the drink menu was margaritas. Note the place is in the mall
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

i dont drink and i bite my nails

chinosruca
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:54 PM
I don't drink or like manicures (I work too much with my hands & manicures fet distroyed in 1 day of work). Now, a good pedicure sounds nice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommybug77
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Not into either one
sheri305
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Yep,agree...

littleacorn
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Me too, plus I garden so they get really grungy really fast to boot.

Quoting mariesmama:

i dont drink and i bite my nails

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma2bubbas
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:26 PM

yep!

PartyGalAnne
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

You'll ruin your paint job by holding your girlfriend's hair back while she pukes.

Hazelnutkin
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Sounds great, but expensive!

anetrnlov
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Nope...sushi and comedies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN