Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Female or male gynecologist

Posted by   + Show Post

Whats your preference,or it doesn't matter?

by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Replies (21-30):
momma2bubbas
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:25 PM

prefer female.

have had both.

laura_sims
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I personally like males

They get in there and get the job done. \

The female ones i have seem to want to hold a convo/small talk. I just want you to check me out and be done lol

tattooedmama218
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:33 PM
Definitely female...
andyroosmama
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Female... they have the same equipment as me and are more understanding of the discomfort I felt with all 3 of my boys... I have been checked by males and they are ok... I just prefer a female

IQuitCounting
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I don't have a preference perse, but so far my best experiences have been with males.  The men always seem more gentle, like since they don't know what it's like they're extra nice, whereas the women are gruff "I have to go through it too.  Take it like a woman!" sorts.

greenmommo
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Ive never really thought about it. Male now just because friends recommended him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MayMommy07
by Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Female
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Alaina on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Right now my gynecologist is a female.  I really don't have a preference, I just continue to go to her, because she answers all my health questions, and doesn't try to make me feel stupid, or try to tell me that any symptoms I am having are all in my head, Iike the last so called doctor I went to before her. He never listened to my, and passed off all the concerns I had about my health as just another typical menstral cycle. I knew that something was wrong, when I was breaking out like crazy, gaining alot of weight, and had cramps that felt like somthing was eating away at my insides. My current Gynecologist recognized the symptoms, and immediately ordered blood work and an ultrasound (the other doctor refused my requests for these tests).  Sure enough I was diagnosed with a hormone imbalance, she started me on treatments right away (at the time Ortho).  I credit this doctor with not only helping me get the symptoms undercontrol, but for also saving my fertility.  If my disorder hadn't been discovered, I probably wouldn' have my children today.

Danita42
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Female
LTsMommy07
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Either
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)