Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Female or male gynecologist

Posted by   + Show Post

Whats your preference,or it doesn't matter?

by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Replies (31-40):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
No preference...its all about their bedside manner. I've had some I like, some I don't..regardless of gender.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3superkids
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 2:35 AM

I love my gynecologist and she is female. She is always very nice and answers all of my questions and I never feel embarrassed to ask her anything. Personally I would have a problem with a male gynecologist because i don't think I would feel as comfortable asking some of the things I have asked my Dr. plus she has delivered all three of my children and I have known her for almost 10 years now. She is almost like a 4th grandmother to my children they all know from going with me for ultrasounds and doppler appointments that she is the one that helped bring them into this world and took care of them while they were developing inside mommy. It's a neat relationship to have with a Dr.

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jun. 15, 2012 at 3:02 AM

I don't really care either way.

GunnysMommy
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 6:30 AM
Male, hands down. I had problems when I was younger. I kept going to the female gyn and she kept saying pain was part of being a woman, saw 2 more female gyns and same type of responses. I ended up having an ovarian cyst rupture and bleeding. I had PCOS and one of the cysts got too big. Switched to a male and he always listened when I was in pain or had issues, he was the one who finally diagnosed me.
rebeccasmly
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I've always had male gynecologists.

I did have my female family doctor remove my IUD when we realized that was the cause of my health problems.

kranger
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I don't really care anymore. I use to only want females. But then when I had kids both Dr's who delivered them were men. My doctor now is a man. I've had him for quite a few years and I really like him. Although I have to admit, the first few visits had me nervous. First time I met him, he walked in and I about died, very young, handsome ok, ok...super hot. Once I got to know him though, he was extremely easy to talk, very laid back with a sense of humor and not uncomfortable at all. In fact I had him write me a prescription as a joke to my bf that said something along the lines of "The boyfriend needs to have sex with patient at least 5 times a week, weekly massages needed and frequent date nights." It cracked my bf up.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:09 AM

either, it's all so clinical to them, they've seen it all. bedside manner means a LOT to me tho....

mirandalforcier
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Mine is male, but I don't care either way as long as they are professional.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmylittleboys
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Female but I used to have a male one. I mostly see my nurse practitioner because I love her!! We are friends outside of the office and I'm comfortable with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jediGert
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Either way, someone is looking up my vagina.  At that point.... it hardly matters now does it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)