Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Should I be concerned? I have completely lost all interest

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:10 PM
  • 23 Replies

in being in a relationship.  It just doesn't seem worth the trouble.  I have two awesome kids, a great career, a loving family and plenty of friends.  I feel like I don't have time either, sometimes I work 50+ hours a week, my kids are in several activities and I have a pretty busy social calendar.  I feel like everyone else in my life is either in a relationship or seeking one.  I feel like I must be weird for not wanting a relationship.  Am I weird???

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovearcen
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:11 PM
2 moms liked this
No not at all. You've found your happy place ! I'm glad for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBoyK
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Nope, you have to do what is bet for you and your kiddos, and you get to decide what that is!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thecoffeefairy
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:12 PM
No. Enjoy your busy, happy life. If you ever change your mind, the dating scene will still be there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crwspringer
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Have you really lost all interest or are you so used to your schedule and the things that keep you busy you question how you would work it into your life?
When all the kids stuff is done and they are grown then what?
A friend of mine used to say the same thing as you, now the kids are grown and doing their own thing and she is alone. She has said multiple times that she regrets not making time for herself to be in a relationship.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mollyk124
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:24 AM

That is what I am afraid of...

Quoting crwspringer:

Have you really lost all interest or are you so used to your schedule and the things that keep you busy you question how you would work it into your life?
A friend of mine used to say the same thing as you, now the kids are grown and doing their own thing and she is alone. She has said multiple times that she regrets not making time for herself to be in a relationship.

BeautifulMomof1
by Chocoholic Beauty on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this
if you're happy, then no, there's nothing wrong with it . . do what's best for you . . when you're ready to try again, you'll know . . just trust God and follow your heart =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeathersRich
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I found hubby at a time I was happy with what life was giving me and so not looking. I figured I'd be happy just me and my "baby ". Then I ran into dh and life changed. I think a relationship can happen when you least expect it. :) Keep doing what your doing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crwspringer
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:57 AM
You are actually in a good place. First, you sound happy and are not desperate. Why don't you put a profile on a dating website. Once a month make yourself go on One date. If you are not feeling it then don't go on another date.
This way you are still out there, meeting new people. You never know, you might meet prince charming, or you might meet a bunch of duds. If nothing else you will have something to laugh about with your female friends. Just don't shut yourself down in the love dept. You never know who you might meet.

Quoting mollyk124:

That is what I am afraid of...

Quoting crwspringer:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvCoopins
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 1:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Not at all! I totally was in that stage for a couple years before I met my husband. I almost didn't even let my friend set me up with him. I was so against getting into a relationship.

MommyJDTJ
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this
If it works for you, what does it matter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN