Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

counseling?

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:46 PM
  • 10 Replies
Has anyone ever heard of a divorced couple going through counseling? My dh was supposed to have counseling with his 2 girls, but bm would change the times, not show up, etc. To say the least, he got one counseling session, and the girls didn't even go to that one. Just bm. So they went to mediation and she suggested they (bm and my dh) go to counseling to figure things out. Needless to say, she made their appt the very next day. Wtf? Has anyone ever heard of this?
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:51 PM
I haven't heard of that but these days, lots of things are happening that didn't in the past.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsrobin
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Couldn't hurt. I would let DH know you should be included in conversions about you're kids, though.
Possibly having you there too, as you are part of all the kids lives too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambie25
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:58 PM
No, she specifically put in the papers its for him and her. I thought at first, ok, let it be. Maybe its a good idea. Then she rushed to make the appt, even though she didn't with the kids, so now I'm wondering if there's ulterior motive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I have. One of my friends had to go to court mandated counselling with her husband, her husband's ex wife and their two kids. Mostly it was because the ex wife didn't have complete control over everything any more. I can't remember how many sessions they went to but the ex wife started refusing to go when the counsellor wasn't siding with her on every issue. I haven't heard of just the exes going together though, but anything is possible.

WackadooMom
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:23 PM
I agree that's strange.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dannille33
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Hmmm no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roo1234
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Yes one of my husband's friends foist this because the divorce was at times so hostile that it was court ordered in the best interest if their two sons

It ended up working in his favor. He more has full custody
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambie25
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:35 PM
They've been divorced 7 years.

Quoting Roo1234:

Yes one of my husband's friends foist this because the divorce was at times so hostile that it was court ordered in the best interest if their two sons

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roo1234
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Is there a lot of animosity? Are the kids having problems?

Quoting ambie25:

Quoting Roo1234:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambie25
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Yes, now there are problems. They used to be fine, but now the girls won't come and mom says they don't have to. So we are trying everything because no one will tell us a real reason they won't come. First they didn't feel safe so they didn't have to, then they couldn't give us a reason why they didn't feel safe. Then they said they're teenagers and can make their own schedule. Then they called Cps just to be found wrong. And she kept telling him she's got proof and he will find out at mediation why the kids don't have to come. And when it came, there was nothing. So yes, unfortunately there's lots of drama.

Quoting Roo1234:

Is there a lot of animosity? Are the kids having problems?

Quoting ambie25:

Quoting Roo1234:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)