Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you have been mad or am I just a B!$&h?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 1:23 PM
  • 55 Replies
DH had a Doc apt to get results of his blood work because they wouldn't give them to him over the phone, obviously something needed to be addressed. I worry all day long, his apt comes, 45 minutes goes by and I haven't heard from him yet. I'm really worried by this point. He tells me something about vitamin absorption issues, I ask him to call me as son as he's done so he can talk to me about it. Then at the 2hr mark, I text him again, he said he was waiting on the diet plan the doctor wants him to follow, I tell him again to call when he's done, he said ok. then at the 3hr mark, I'm pissed. No doctor takes 3hrs to do anything!!! Maybe surgery! Certainly not give blood results and check a leg biopsy and the stitches! I text him again, where are you??? this time, he calls me from his office, I know its his office because I can hear the work sounds and people in the background. So I got pissed. 1 of 2 things happened, either he just didn't care that I was sitting there worried all day so he didn't call me or he blew off the apt and lied to me. Then I realized he didn't get charged a Co pay so I know he blew off the apt and lied and made some crap up. he's pissed that im mad at him and caught him in a lie. He still won't fees up to it either! Am I justified in being as anger as I am or should I cut him some slack?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Jun. 29, 2012 at 2:29 PM
I would be angry to
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Allebas
by Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 2:30 PM

WOW!!! I would be TOTALLY LIVID!!! Thankfully, my DH ALWAYS calls me when he finds out something about his health b/c he KNOWS I worry like CRAZY!!!

ColorMeCrazy
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 2:31 PM

He lied, I'd be angry too.

chinosruca
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 2:36 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't get angry over stuff like that. I save it for the important stuff. I also don't worry much......so I wouldn't be waiting all day for a call. If I was really worried, I would go with him to his appointment.

Maybe he is not "fessing up" to lying because he might actually be telling the truth. I've never paid a co-pay for follow up appointments. Also, how do you know he wasn't charged?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 2:52 PM

my husband is bad about going to dr's so i make sure i go with him to his appointments.  don't into the rooms with him but i take him.   may sound like a bit much but he's had a cyst in his breast for about 7 years & if it wasn't for me making appointments & taking him he wouldn't be getting it taken care of.

i have caughter hubby in minor lies before, like telling me has to work late & then going out with the guys.  i get irritated with him & let him know but i don't overly upset about it.  however if it was something regarding his healthy i may be a bit more p.o'd.

ChancesMommy07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

How do you know he didn't pay with cash or that they just didn't charge him ? And if he did go and the dr gave him some news about his health maybe he just needed a little time to absorb it before he told you. When I was diagnosed with cancer I didn't tell my husband until that night. I left the drs, went straight to the river and had a good long cry. Then I went home, cleaned house, cooked dinner and did everything I would normally do. I didn't show him the papers until after our son went to bed that night. I needed to wrap my head around it first.

WesternNYmom
by Alaina on Jun. 29, 2012 at 3:45 PM

I would have been mad too.

MrsImperfect
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't be. My hubby is forgetful and doesnt want to talk on the phone around ppl or while driving. Or would of told me to my face. I dont get mad over things like that
Shit happens. And because I dont go off about things like that hes more appreciative of me and tells me more
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoGibson
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be upset that he lied. There is no excuses for it in a marriage.

Junip1977
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I would be pissed too.  The question now is "Why did he blow off the appointment?"....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)